Chapter 13

I sat on my bed and motioned for him to sit beside me. He didn't move, but stared at the empty spot.

"You can sit on my bed. I promise I won't bite." I said.

He chuckled and sat beside me. "What if I want you to bite me?" He joked and I smacked his arm.

"What do you want, Damon?" I demanded.

"I know why you left.."

"Oh, I had no idea!" I mocked, rolling my eyes.

"Sky.."

"Skylar."

"Are you going to let me talk?" He demanded.

I nodded my head. "Yep."

"Good, Skylar. I didn't know when you left like that. Melanie told me. She was crying." He told me.

I laughed. "Somehow, I don't believe that."

"I'm not asking you to believe me. I'm asking you to listen." He said.

"Why should I listen? You chose that.. That... Bitch over me without even thinking twice about it." I shouted. He flinched and I knew that I had got him. "You can leave now."

"Sky... Skylar, listen." He pleaded.

I shut my mouth and waited. He lifted his hand up and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I closed my eyes, enjoying his touch before realizing what I was doing.

"I'm sorry." He said. "Melanie is trying to protect you. So am I. I can't really tell you anymore than that."

A tear fell from my cheek and he wiped them away. "Protect me from who? Chelsea? I think I can handle her."

He smirked. "I wish. It's worse than Chelsea. It's Chelsea's brother."

"What?"

He sighed. "I can't tell you..."

"Please." I begged.

He ran his fingers through his hair and stood up, pacing the floors. I stood up an walked over to him.

"Damon.."

He looked at me and put on a fake smile. He grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me into a kiss.

At first the kiss was slow and gentle, but then he kissed me as though he would never see me again.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he picked me up, pushing me up against the wall. I loved the feel of his lips on mine. The shocking, electricity making its way through his body into mine. I never wanted to let him go.

Then he pulled away.

He still had me against the wall, but he was no longer kissing me. I found myself gasping for air and he again put on that fake smile.

"Sky, you're amazing." He said. "And this is to protect you." He opened the door, and leaned down to kiss my cheek. "I can never see you again, except at school."

And then he left, but not before stuffing a piece of paper in my hand. The tears raced down my cheeks and I laid on my bed and cried until I fell asleep.

***

{Damon's POV}

I left Sky's room and walked into her front room, where Justice was sitting. He looked up at me, then behind me.

"Where's Skylar?" He asked.

Crying. But, I didn't tell him that. "She's in her room."

"Is she coming out here?" He asked, standing up.

"Uh, I don't know. I've got to go." I looked him straight in the eye. "Take care of her. If you hurt her, I will personally beat the fucking shit out of you."

The guy nodded his head, but didn't say anything. With that said, walked out of the front door, slamming it behind me.

I hated what I said to Skylar, but I did what I had to do. I was going to find a way to see her, but I needed to deal with Chelsea first.

I got into my car and drove home, blasting Wiz Khalifa on the radio. At the house, I pulled into the driveway and got out, slamming the door behind me.

"Damey!" Chelsea squealed, running toward me. "Did you go see her?"

I smirked. "As a matter of fact, I did."

"I told you that.."

"I know what you told me, which is why I told her I never wanted to see her again." I told her.

"Good." She said as she walked into the house.

I shook my head and walked in behind her.

{Skylar's POV}

I crumpled the piece of paper up in my hand and threw it across the room. I find want to read anything he wrote me. It was all bullshit if you ask me.

I sat up, puffy-eyed, and walked into the front room where I found Justice staring wide-eyed at the front door.

"Justice?" I asked cautiously. "Are you okay?"

He looked over at me and put on a smile. "Yeah, perfectly fine. You say that guy played you, right?"

"Yeah," I said, thinking back to just a few minutes before. "He sure as hell did."

"Hmmm... He just told me if I hurt you he would beat the shit out of me." He said.

My heart skipped a beat as those words crashed into my head. Surely he had heard him wrong. He told me he couldn't see me anymore.

I turned around and ran to my room, grabbing the crumpled up piece of paper. I unfolded it are fully so that it wouldn't rip.

Skylar,

I'm sorry for saying what I said. I really do want to be with you and I know that's hard to believe considering I've hurt you so much in the short time we've known each other.

But, listen, Chelsea has connections. Big connections. Her brother is in some kind of big gang and she's threatened to call them on you if we see each other. That's not something I'm willing to chance. And neither is Melanie.

Well, actually, that's not something I'm willing for her to know. I want to see you and be with you, but I know what will happen if I do.

I promise to take care of you with my life and if staying away from you will do that then I'm sorry. So now you know what's going on.

Like I said before, I want to see you again and be with you. I know that you're with Justice, but you're worth it. Please meet me at the cafe tomorrow at 6:00pm. If you don't want to I completely understand.

Damon

Shock crossed my features and I turned toward my bedroom door, where Justice is standing. Worry masked his face, but I couldn't help the smile that crept its way onto my face.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Perfect." I told him.

____________________________________________________

See? I love you guys. Lol I put two chapters up in one day!! :D I owe it to you guys :)

Vote-comment-share