Chapter 23

{Melanie's POV}

I stepped out of the car and walked toward the door before the boys even unbuckled. I sighed as the doorman opened the door to let me in.

I smiled as I thanked him. As I walk toward the desk, someone steps in front of me.  He was so close, that I ran into him.

"I'm so sorry." We both say in unison.

I look up with a half smile. I don't know what or who I was expecting, but it wasn't the boy standing in front of me.

"Blake?"

The boys walk in through the front door and walk toward the desk, four policemen behind him.

"Fuck." Blake muttered to himself. "I'm sorry, Melanie. I've got someone to meet."

He sets his arm on my shoulder for a split second before turning and walking away. I'm not going to lie. It felt like ice piercing my heart. I love him so much but, he's obviously moved on.

I walk toward the front desk to see what was going on.

"I need you to lock the doors. We have a search warrant and have permission for lock down." One of the officers says as he holds out a piece of paper and his badge.

The lady at the desk nods and walks toward the door. She locks the doors and turns around.

"Is there anything else officer?"

He smiles and walks away. We follow two of the officers to the first room.

"The officers tried to make us stay out of it. Thankfully Jake has a way with words." Damon whispers to me.

I nod, confirming I heard him.

Six rooms down and I started getting discouraged. I pushed the thought out of my head. She's here. She has to be.

I walk toward the bathroom and trip over my feet. I fall to the floor and catch myself with my hands.

"Nice of you to join me, Blake. I've been waiting for you." Her voice. Its her. "Shut the door."

I scramble toward the wall where he couldn't see me. Why is he with her. Why is he doing this? He shuts the door and I stand up. I look at the number on the door. 189.

I run toward the desk and told her to give me the key. She knew I was with the officer so she didn't hesitate. I ran back to the room where Damon and Jake were starting to get frustrated. I waved toward them. Damon seen me first and walked over.

"You good?" He asked me.

"I found Chelsea." I whispered.

"Did they see y.."

"No! I hid." I told him.

Jake walked over to us. I quickly explained to him what happened. His eyes went wide with excitement.

"Let's go make sure before we get them." Damon said. Jake agreed. I nodded.

"Let's go."

We rushed toward room 189. I listened at the door for any sign that Skylar was in there.

"Hear anything?" Damon asks.

"I don't. What if she isn't here? What if its just Chelsea and Blake?" I said with my voice lower than necessary.

"One way to find out." Jake said walking toward the police officers.

Not even a minute later all four cops were at the door. I hand the one closest to the door the key. He gave me a suspicious look.

"I demanded it from the desk lady." I admitted.

He turns the key and opens the door. In a second flat six guns were pointed our way. We throw our hands up. I look around. It's very dark in here. Chelsea walks up in all her glory.

"You found us." She laughs.

My eyes finally adjusted to the darkness. I look around some more and see Skylar laying on the floor with water spilt around her.

"You can't get past all these guns. I over power you." She smirks.

I really just wanted to punch her in the face.

"Let her go, Chelsea." Damon begged. "I'll be with you. Just please don't hurt her anymore."

She looks over at him. "Drop the guns." She commands. 

They all lower their guns. I look over at Blake who looked as if he had a little regret in his eyes. I barely could tell. I must have imagined it.

Chelsea walks toward Damon. "You mean it?"

The officers came rushing in, guns up. With all the commotion, I didnt hear the officers behind me.

"Dont run, Chelsea. The building is surrounded." Jake told her.

Was he serious?

The officers had every one in the room in handcuffs. Damon grabbed Chelsea's hands and held them behind her back. One of the officers grabbed her and handcuffed her.

"This isn't over." She yelled.

I ran over toward Skylar. She had a chain around her neck and her hands were tied behind her back. I tried waking her up. Nothing. I tried untying her and put my hand under her head.

The water spilt around her wasn't water.

It was blood.

As I looked over toward Damon and Jake, the ambulance was here with a stretcher.