Chapter 21

{Damon's POV}

It's been two weeks since I've seen Skylar. She hasn't been to school. I've called her ten thousand times with no answer. I've drove past her house and her car is there but I haven't stopped. I know she's scared and upset.

I grab my keys from my nightstand and get into my car. It has been two weeks. That's enough time. I'm going to knock on the door and make sure she is okay.

The drive to her house was agonizing. What if she didn't want to talk to me?

Fuck it. I at least have to try.

I pulled in behind her car and parked. The lights were on so I know she's home.

I knock on the door. A wait for an answer. Nothing. I knock again.

"Yeah, hold on. I'm coming." A guys voice yells.

A pain went through my chest. She's moved on. I understand. At least she doesn't have to sneak around.

The door opens and a guy maybe a few years older then me looks me over.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"Damon." I answer. "Is Skylar home?"

His face fell into confusion. "You're Damon? As in her boyfriend?"

This time I'm the one confused. "Um. Yeah."

"No, I haven't seen her. I've called her but, no answer. Her phone goes straight to voicemail. I just figured her phone has been dead and that she's been with you." He explains.

"You being?" I asked.

"Oh, right." He says holding out his hand. "I'm Jake. Skylar's brother... So you haven't seen or heard from her?"

I shake his hand. "I think we need to talk."

So I tell him about Chelsea and her brothers.

Flashback

"Get the fuck off your phone, Chelsea. We need to talk about this." I demanded.

"Talk about what?" She asks. "We are in love. You will see that soon enough."

"Let's just talk, okay? Put your phone down for five minutes." I pleaded.

I needed Skylar to get as far away from here as she could possibly get. At least get home. Chelsea doesn't know where she lives.

Chelsea sighs as she sets her phone down on the nightstand. We sit down on the bed. I know what I have to do.

"I love her, Chels. Just like how we used to be. I've never felt like this before. We've had our fun times but it's over. We were doing good. Going our separate ways. As soon as I find someone that I love.. Chels, I need her. I can't live without at least trying. If you loved me, you would want me to be happy." I tried explaining to her.

She wipes a tear from her cheek. "You're choosing her over me." She stated.

"If you just get to know her. Y'all could be friends..."

She flinched back. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Chels."

She stood up and faced me.

"I could never be friends with her! I'm going to give you one more chance." She put her hands on her hips. "Me? Or her?" She bent lower so that our face were mere inches apart. "Choose wisely, Damon."

I didnt even think twice. "Her."

Then she left.

Flashback over

"I think Skylar's in trouble." I told Jake.

~>.<~

{Melanie's POV}

Once I got home from school I walked into my room and throw my bag onto my bed. The house was quiet indicating no one was home. Its been two weeks since I've seen Skylar and just as long since Chelsea.

I didn't know what was going on there. No one ever tells me anything anymore. I've called Skylar to no avail. The first night she didnt answer then her phone has went straight to voicemail. She hasn't been at school either. But, that didnt exactly surprise me. When did she ever?

I dial Damon's number. He answers on the second ring. "Hey Mel. We have a problem."

"Where are you?" I ask him.

"Skylar's. Come over and fast." He says hanging up the phone.

I grab my keys and lock the door as I leave.