Chapter 3

The guest room was modern, like the rest of the apartment. It had a color scheme of white and gray, making the room a bit dull. Not to mention, there was absolutely no means of entertainment in the room. No computer, no TV, not even a single bookshelf.

But, on the bright side, there was a bathroom. At least you didn't have to ask to go use the bathroom or bathe.

Actually, a well-needed shower was in the back of your mind. After the long day and all the events that occured, a shower sounded great.

Your feet shuffled across the white carpet over to the dresser. The drawer slid open, revealing how empty it was.

Oh yeah. I didn't pack any clothes cause I didn't realize I'd be kidnapped today.

Feeling mad, not just at yourself but at the whole world, you decided the only thing to do was sleep. It was too early to sleep now, you didn't care. The alarm clock on the side table by the bed said it was 7:43 pm, but what choice did you have?

An angry sigh escaped your lips as you let yourself fall back onto the white bed.

Why? Why did it have to be me? Why didn't they pick anyone else from the bank to enslave?!

You let yourself drift to sleep, on the verge of tears.

Vanoss POV

I took another bite of pizza and listened to the others talk. We all sat in the living room, eating pizza and drinking beer. Everyone else was discussing random things I had no interest in, so I kept my mouth shut.

"...So anyway. What do you guys think of (f/n)?" Wildcat asked as he bit his pizza. Everyone fell silent and had no response. We all just kinda shrugged, not sure how to respond. What were we supposed to say? We haven't exactly been able to befriend her, but it's not like any of us actually wanted to.

"I like her large bank account," Delirious harshly remarked.

"No one has anything to say about her? Other than her money?" Wildcat sipped his beer until the can was empty.

"It doesn't matter. Once we empty her bank account, we're killing her," I spoke up.

"Why don't we sell her into prostitution?" Mini asked.

"She knows too much about us already. If she remains alive after this ordeal, she could rat us out. I'm not taking any chances," I retorted.

"It's a shame. She seems like a nice person," Marcel shrugged.

"Yeah, well get used to it. You signed up to join the gang, it's what we must do to keep our gang alive," I harshly responded. Marcel looked like he had something to say, but decided not to reply. We set in silence for a while, until I stood up from the couch.

"I'm heading to bed. Night," I mumbled as I walked upstairs.

I walked past the guest room on my way to bed. There was some audible crying coming from inside. A tinge of remorse overcame me, almost causing me to open the door, but I stopped myself.

What am I doing?! Idiot, don't feel bad. This is simply what must happen. This is just what gangs do. This is what criminals do.