Chapter 24

After all was said and done, Evan continued to go out with the Vanoss Crew and complete tasks and missions as needed. You stayed home for all of that time, pretty much being bored out of your mind. There's not much around the apartment to keep you preoccupied until Vanoss came back. Just video games, exercise equipment, weaponry, and a painter's easel hidden in the closet in Nogla's room. It didn't look like he used it much. He probably discovered art wasn't his thing and hid it away.

Meanwhile, everytime they would leave you would sneak in and use the easel to pass the time. There wasn't much else, so what choice did it make? It was a skill you found yourself lacking in badly. Nothing wrong with sharpening one's skills.

The gang came back one afternoon after you just cleaned up your mess in Nogla's closet. You ran out to greet them, although you were mostly excited to see Vanoss.

"Welcome back," you walked over to Vanoss and embraced him. He hugged you back, holding you close. He smelled like sweat but you overlooked that issue. He hadn't been home pretty much all day.

"Glad to be back," he rubbed your back as he spoke. He began walking, and you walked with him. He went into your bedroom, which was previously the guest room. He closed the door and let out a sigh, almost seemingly relieved to get away from the others.

"I'm sorry about running missions so much recently. Wildcat wanted to make up for lost time, since we didn't do much after we took you hostage," Vanoss apologized as he took his red jacket off. His white t-shirt had sweat stains on it. He took his shirt off as well, revealing his muscles.

"It's been a week since I've gotten back from the hospital and I haven't had much free time with you," you looked down at the floor to avoid his gaze.

"I'm not mad or anything, I'm just disappointed. I was hoping to spend a little more time with you. I understand this is basically your job, and I'm not saying you should stop. All I'm saying is for the last week you guys have done missions every day. Shouldn't you give yourselves some free time..." You trailed off, looking at his face to see what he was feeling. You could see a trace of regret on his face, mixed in with a little guilt as well.

"I know, I'm sorry. If I made all the decisions for the guys we would've taken a long break. I want more free time, too. But we make decisions as a whole so I can't do much," he walked closer and looked into your eyes.

"I understand," you muttered as you hugged him once more. He hugged back tightly, not desiring to let go any time soon.

"I have to go shower, and then after that the rest of my day is dedicated to you. We can do whatever you want to. Go out, stay here, watch a movie, go eat out, or whatever," he released you from his embrace, though he didn't want to. He quickly turned around and went into the bathroom to shower. The faster he showered, the more time he had to spend with you.

He finished his shower in five minutes and came back out as quick as he could. You patiently sat on the bed awaiting him. He came out of the bathroom. He wore a white tank top with black jeans. His jet Black hair had been combed, but it was still wet.

"Decided what we're doing?" he asked, leaning against the doorframe.

"Why don't we go somewhere? I'm feeling a bit cooped up in this apartment," you stood from the bed.

"Sounds good to me. Anywhere specific you want to visit?"

"No, I'm okay with letting you pick where we go."

"Well then, let's head out."

Vanoss walked to the parking garage with you trailing behind. He got into the truck and you also got in.