Chapter 23

That following day, you were able to go home. The doctor did some tests before you were permitted to leave, just in case. Vanoss walked beside you, holding you up. You were walking with a limp, but other than that you had almost fully recovered.

Vanoss walked you to the truck. You were expecting some of the others to be there as well, but there was no one waiting in the truck. Vanoss lead you to the passenger side and made sure you adjusted in your seat before shutting the door. He walked to the other side and started the car.

"Ready to go home?" Vanoss asked before pulling out of the parking lot.

"As in, back to your apartment?" You replied hesitantly.

"Of course. Where else?" he laughed a bit.

"I kind of figured you were taking me back to my apartment," you responded.

"Why would I take you there?" Vanoss gave you a quizzical look.

"Since I'm done being the sniper for you guys, I figured you didn't need me any longer," you looked down at your feet.

"I still need you," Vanoss put a reassuring hand on your shoulder. You looked over at him and saw his gentle smile, which calmed you down. The truck had stopped at a red light, and Vanoss took the opportunity to kiss you. It wasn't a long kiss, but it was still enjoyable. He released when the light turned green and continued toward the apartment complex. 

He drove into the parking garage and helped you out. He wrapped his arm around your waist and walked close to you. He helped you maintain your balance as the two of you walked over to the elevator.

"You feel okay?" Vanoss asked while riding in the elevator.

"I have a little pain where I was shot, but it's mostly died down," you spoke, pulling your shirt up a bit to examine the bandage covering the wound.

Vanoss pulled you closer to him. He hugged you tightly and you buried your face in his chest.

"You have no idea how worried I was. When you passed out, I couldn't control my emotions. I cried, and I couldn't bring myself to quit. I'm really happy you're okay," Vanoss muttered, his voice cracking with sadness and worry.

The elevator opened before you could say anything, and Vanoss helped you walk once more. He walked over to the apartment door and unlocked it, walking in carefully to make sure you were fine.

"Hey, she's back!" Nogla ran over to you and Vanoss when you both walked in. The others began to filter in, until everyone was standing there.

"Thank god you're okay," Lui said.

"Glad you're back," Delirious patted your shoulder.

"Welcome back (y/n)," Wildcat gave a weak smile.

"Excuse me," Vanoss pushed through everyone, with his arm still around you.

"She needs some rest, so I'm going to take her to her room," Vanoss told everyone. They all waved as you walked down the hall and went into your room. Vanoss led you to the bed and helped you lay down. He walked to the other side of the bed and laid down as well.

"What happens now?" You looked over at Vanoss, who was staring at the ceiling.

"You and I live our lives together," he turned to glance at you with a grin.

"You're still going to be a part of the Vanoss Crew, right?" You asked him.

"Yeah, until something were to happen," he turned to look at the ceiling again. He seemed like he was deep in thought, so you didn't say anything else.

You were almost asleep when you felt two arms wrap around your waist. Vanoss pulled you closer to him, and you embraced him.

"I love you, (y/n)," Vanoss whispered, his breath grazing your ear.

"I love you too," you whispered back as you began to fall asleep in his arms, his warmth giving you comfort. Vanoss noticed you were beginning to sleep, and he chuckled.

"Night beautiful."