Chapter 16

Day 2 out of 7

Vanoss POV

I woke up before (y/n) did, as always. I took the opportunity to get in the bathroom and take a shower. Once I had finished, I came out. (Y/n) was still sound asleep, lightly snoring peacefully.

How am I going to ask her to be our sniper... This won't be easy.

I signed and decided I should wake her up first and worry about asking her later. Lightly, I tapped her shoulder to get her attention. When that didn't work, I began to shake her.

"Come on, we're not doing this again," I murmured. She still didn't move, I couldn't even tell if she was still asleep or not.

I crawled onto the bed. I put my right hand by her right shoulder, and my left hand by her left shoulder. My knees had her legs in between them, and her face was directly under mine.

I lowered myself until I was laying on her. I made sure to do it lightly so I didn't squish her. A little squeak-like noise came from (y/n), and she opened her eyes to see me on her, my face beside hers, and my body sprawled across hers.

"What...is wrong...with you?!" she muttered in between huffs of air, her face becoming flushed.

"I have to resort to stuff like this when you refuse to get up. If you would actually wake up in the morning, maybe you wouldn't wake up with me on top of you," I gave her a mischievous grin.

"But you...obviously...enjoy it," she huffed. I got off of her, hearing her huff and breathe heavily. I didn't respond, mostly because she wasn't wrong.

"Go take a shower and get ready. I'm sure Nogla is almost finished with breakfast," I told her as she stood up and stretched her arms. She gave a little nod in response and walked over to grab some clothes. Then she disappeared into the bathroom, and a few minutes later I could hear the running water.

~

Leading (y/n) down the hallway, I was eager to eat. I could smell the food from the hall. It smelled like Nola's french toast, a meal he rarely made but everyone enjoyed those rare occasions when he did prepare it. His french toast is probably the best food he has ever cooked.

I stopped in the doorway to the kitchen, and (y/n) stopped beside me. Her hair was still wet from the shower she previously took, and her shirt had water on the top of it. I could see she was slightly shivering.

I must've rushed her to the point where she couldn't dry her hair.

I felt a bit guilty, watching her quiver during to how cold she was. I put my arm over her shoulder and pulled her a bit closer to me. She gave me a confused glance, and I just grinned in return.

"Sorry, I saw you were shivering and I figured I'd help. Anything wrong with that?" I asked defensively. She shook her head and turned so I couldn't see her face. She was probably flustered, I had a way of making her flustered easily.

I saw her staring at the food, so I lifted my arm and gave her a little push. She glared back at me and I just saved for her to go. She went to grab some french toast, leaving me alone. Though, not for long, cause Wildcat walked to me as soon as she was out of earshot.

"Did you ask her?" he asked as he learned in, for safe measures.

"No, I didn't get to. But I will soon I promise," I mumbled, feeling a bit guilty.

"Well you need to hurry. We have to delay missions until she's our sniper. Nogla refuses to do any more missions as the sniper," Wildcat said with a bit of anger in his voice. I rolled my eyes, not only was Nogla the softest member but also the most stubborn member.

"I still don't think she fully trusts us yet. We need to show her we won't hurt her," I responded.

"It's kind of hard to do that when you told her you're giving her one last week to live," he retorted, making me remember the moment I almost shot (y/n). I remembered the anger I held in my heart for her. I saw her as useless, nothing but a nuisance. I wanted to get rid of her because of all the things she had forced me through, but now that I've taken a step back I see that she isn't as bad as I once thought. I see now that I must've been the bigger problem than she was.

"Maybe I should tell her I've changed my mind?"

"I think she'll find that suspicious, since you've been so malicious to her up until this point."

"What do I do?"

"I dunno man, it's your problem not mine," and with that, I watched as Wildcat walked back to the table to finish his breakfast. I let out a sigh as I watched (y/n) sit down to eat. Nogla then swooped over and sat right beside her. He began making small talk with her, and I couldn't tell if she enjoyed it or not. Her expression was a mix of several feelings, none of which stuck out the most.

Telling her is going to be harder than I had originally assumed...