Chapter 20

The next day was spent working out gang arrangements and missions, since you agreed to become the gang's sniper. It took a lot of convincing from Vanoss.

Guess we should rewind back a bit, right? Well, after you cautiously forgave Vanoss, he told you the question he was going to ask, if you hadn't found out. At first, you were going to laugh in his face, but after he went into detail you had second thoughts. Though you still weren't 100% sure, you joined just to see how your first mission would go.

Everyone stood in the mission room, the first room you saw in the apartment when you were taken hostage. It still looked the same, with the tables covered in papers and guns along with the map of Los Santos on the wall.

Vanoss and Wildcat were giving everyone a run down on missions they had for us. The list was large, consisting of things from drug dealing to robberies and even highjacking military vehicles. The gang made a unanimous decision to try and rob some gas stations in the rural area.

"Alright, we'll start at the gas station here," Vanoss pointed on the map at a red spot he marked, "and we'll go to this one and then this last one. We'll have to take the long road home in case we have police on our tail."

"Me, Vanoss, Lui, Nogla, and Basically will go into each gas station. Delirious and (y/n) will get out before we do and find hiding places where they can snipe the cops and the witnesses. Moo and Mini will stay in the trucks, armed with rocket launchers in case things go wrong," Wildcat handed out weapons to everyone. He handed you a sniper rifle and extra ammo.

"We are gonna take both trucks, just so we don't have to wait for everyone to get into one truck. Just takes too long," Vanoss said as Wildcat finished handing everyone their weapons.

"Everyone ready?" Wildcat asked, receiving nodding heads in response.

"Alright, let's go," Vanoss walked out and motioned for everyone to follow after he took your hand.

~

Everyone loaded their weaponry into the trucks. The gang separated and went into each truck. Vanoss lead you over to the truck that Moo was driving and let you get in first. Lui, Basically, and Delirious had also gotten into the same truck. Delirious rode in the back, Lui sat in the passenger seat, and Marcel sat in the back to your left.

Everyone got into the trucks, and Moo lead the way to the first gas station. On the way, you squeezed Vanoss's hand. He looked over at you and embraced you.

"Nervous?" he whispered in your ear.

"A little," you replied and rested your head on his chest. You sat and listened to his heartbeat as he rubbed his hand up and down your back.

"Don't worry. Whatever happens out there, I'll protect you," he whispered and pulled you closer with his large arms.

He slid his owl mask on while he continued to rub your back. The car kept hitting bumps on the way to the first gas station, making the whole truck jump every time.

The truck finally came to a stop after half an hour or so. Vanoss let you climb over him so you could hide somewhere. You hid your sniper rifle and walked casually behind a trashcan on the far right side of the gas station. You laid back against the wall and acted casually. You watched Delirious walk quickly around the building and after a minute you looked up to see him give you a thumbs up. That was your signal to let the others know they can go in.

You tapped the trashcan three times, and Lui heard and told the others to run in. You couldn't see them once they had entered, but you could hear them. There was yelling, mostly from the guys, and screaming. Gun shots echoed out of the gas station, and they quickly ran back out, with Basically lugging the duffel bag of money. You ran into the truck, and Moo floored it. Mini's truck was a bit behind, only because they had to wait for Delirious.

"We don't have to rush this next one. We killed all the witnesses before anyone could call the cops," Vanoss huffed, still out of breath from running.

They drove up to the second gas station. There were a few people outside, and barely anyone inside. Moo parked in front of the door, and Mini parked on the right side of the building.

"(y/n), you and Delirious will have to kill those people," Vanoss softly spoke as you climbed over to get out. You gave an unsure glance and started over to the large dumpster on the left side of the parking lot by a light pole.

You crouched down after making sure no one was looking. You looked around the corner of the dump slowly, viewing the targets. Your hands trembled as you aimed at a young woman.

Can I really do this? I made a mistake, saying yes to something like this...

Before you could shoot, Delirious took her out for you. You then acted quickly, knowing if others saw the dead lady they would call the police. Without thinking, you locked onto an old man and killed him. You then shot a guy in a business suit carrying coffee to his car.

The others got out and ran in, yelling and shooting as they pleased. You turned around and put your back against the dumpster, picturing the dead old man in your head. You took a deep breath, trying to remain calm. Your hands shook, thinking about the old man and the guy in the suit. Two people, innocently going through life. But you stole that privilege from them.

You heard police sirens from all different directions. Vanoss and the others ran out of the store, looking shocked.

"One of the people inside must've seen the people outside get shot!" Nogla yelled as he held his assault rifle up.

"Try not to use explosives if you can help it. We don't want to make this place explode," Vanoss yelled over the sirens as he also prepared to shoot. The cops drove up, practically surrounding the front part of the gas station. You shot a couple down, while the others also fought.

One officer shot and hit Basically in his thigh. He yelled in pain and fell to the ground, clutching his thigh that was now bleeding. He winced and curled into a ball on the pavement.

"Screw it, I'm using the rocket launcher!" Mini pulled out the rocket launcher and got out of the truck. He aimed and shot a police car, causing it to explode and kill the officer who shot Basically.

Vanoss helped Basically stand and ran as fast he could so that Basically wasn't in the line of fire. Mini aimed again and shot once more. You watched as the rocket zipped past, and almost hit a gas pump before hitting another police car.

"Watch it!" Vanoss yelled as he ran back over and shot more officers.

"There's so many!" Nogla exclaimed.

"We need to bail!" Wildcat yelled back.

"I know. If we stay any longer, more will come!" Lui yelled as he ran over.

All of a sudden, a sharp pain went through your side. You screamed, clutching your side. You pulled your hands away, seeing blood gushing out. Vanoss ran over to see what was wrong, meanwhile Moo shot a rocket at the officer who shot you.

"Hey, you're going to be fine," Vanoss gingerly grabbed your hand, "Just stay awake, whatever you do."

You could see he was starting to cry, and you put your hand up to his cheek. He took your hand and squeezed it tight.

"Come on, we need to get you somewhere safe," he slowly began to walk, making sure you were okay.

Mini aimed his rocket launcher, aiming for the last police car. He walked closer, getting a better view of where to hit. One of the officers shot, hitting Mini right as he went to pull the trigger. They rocket was shot, and at was veering away from the car and straight for a gas pump.

Everyone saw what was coming and took off. You ran, ignoring the searing pain going through your stomach.  Vanoss stopped to turn and look at you as the rocket hit the pump, causing the whole gas station to erupt in flames. The power of the blast pushed you and Vanoss onto the pavement. You winced in pain as your  wound hit against the ground.

Your vision became blurry as gunshots echoed in your head. You could faintly feel Vanoss take you in his arms as your eyelids grew tired.

"Come on, stay awake! Please!" Vanoss let out a desperate plea as your body went limp.