Chapter 17

Third person POV

You watched Vanoss walk over to grab some food, carefully examining every movement. He'd been acting peculiar as of late. It's kind of like he just completely forgot his hatred for you. It surprised and startled you a bit, because you didn't know if this was his way to lull you into a false sense of security or not. You made a mental note to always stay alert, especially around the owl.

He sat next to you in the chair to your right. Nogla was sitting to your left, casually asking questions as Vanoss sat down. You continued to eat and answer Nogla's questions while Vanoss sat in silence.

All went well, until Nogla asked a question that seemed to put Vanoss on edge.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" Nogla questioned, a genuine look of curiosity on his face. For some reason, you found yourself glancing at Vanoss from the corner of your eye. He had stopped eating now and had turned his head a bit.

"Well, I've had a few but they didn't last long. And none of them were serious either," you responded.

Nogla nodded his head in reply. He paused for a second, then asked another question that seemed to catch Vanoss off guard.

"You ever kissed anyone before?" Nogla asked as he took another bite of his eggs and french toast. The question caught you by surprise. Your face began to heat up.

"Um... No," you mumbled, feeling your face get hotter.

"Are you kidding?" Vanoss cut in, genuinely surprised by your response. You nodded, looking over to see his face. He had a face of disbelief, but in a second it changed to a mischievous grin.

"W-what?" you stuttered, looking at him.

"Nothing..." He answered nonchalantly and turned back to his food.

Breakfast continued on, with Nogla asking random questions and you answering them. Vanoss no longer joined, maybe because the rest of the questions weren't as interesting.

Everyone sat around in the living room, chatting and watching TV. You sat by Vanoss, who was engrossed in the TV. It wasn't anything interesting, so you didn't pay attention to it.

"Hmm..." Vanoss began and looked at you.

"What?" You asked him, curious why he hummed.

"I'm just bored. Aren't you bored?" he asked, ignoring the TV and now keeping his full attention on you.

"Yeah, maybe," you replied. Vanoss ran his hand through his hair to fix it and then nodded.

"You want to drive around Los Santos?" he proposed.

"Really?" You asked, bewildered. You weren't expecting him to suggest something like that. Honestly, you figured that he wouldn't agree to leaving the apartment in general.

"Well, yeah. You in?" he smiled. Your face began to grow hotter and you sheepishly nodded. Vanoss stood up from the couch, ignoring the other guys staring at him. He walked into the kitchen and came back with keys in his hand.

"Let's go," he waved for you to join him, and you did.

Vanoss opened the passenger door to the truck for you. Swiftly, you hopped in and he closed the door once you were settled. He got into the driver's side and put the key in the ignition.

You didn't look directly at him, but you saw him smile at you from the corner of your eye.

He started down the road, and immediately you noticed a change in his driving. He wasn't driving recklessly. He took his time and actually stayed on the correct side of the road.