Chapter 15

Day 1 out of 7

We rode back to the apartment, meanwhile you received numerous high fives and thumbs ups on the way back. It didn't really phase you, nor were you feeling prideful. It's just the fact you knew you would hit it, so it didn't amaze you. Though you had doubt, you hit it and that's all that matters.

Everyone filed into the apartment. You were the last, behind Vanoss of course. Before Vanoss went in, he closed the door. You gave him a puzzled glance as he turned around to face you. He had a large grin, his brown eyes shimmering.

"I'm proud of you," he commented. You could feel your face heating up as he continued to stare into your (e/c) eyes.

"Thanks..." You sheepishly replied, looking down to avoid looking into his eyes.

You felt his large arm on your shoulder, and he opened the door and walked in with his arm over your shoulder.

"There's the love birds. What took you so long?" Mini chuckled.

"I was just congratulating her again. I knew she would be able to do it anyways, but I wanted to congratulate her," he smoothly replied, ignoring the fact Mini called you two "love birds." Or maybe he didn't oppose the idea so he didn't say anything. The mere thought made your face heat up.

What am I thinking? He would jump at the chance to kill me before my week is even over. Why would this criminal have feelings for me...

"Hey Vanoss," Moo started, "We need to have a meeting."

"Okay, let's have it now," Vanoss said.

"Without (y/n)," Delirious added. Vanoss turned and met your eyes. He looked back at the others and nodded before walking you back to the guest room.

"I'm sorry, this must be important if they don't want you to hear it. I'll be back," he said before closing the door. You could hear the click of the door's lock, followed by his footsteps getting farther away from the door.

Vanoss POV

I walked back into the living room, this time without (y/n) by my side. I went over to one of the sofas and sat down as the others were talking back and forth. Once I sat down, Wildcat clapped his hands together and stood up.

"Okay, I had a thought on the way home. I know it's going to sound weird but hear me out. I was thinking about how Nogla was constantly complaining about being the sniper during all our missions, but an idea came to me: What if we get (y/n) to be our sniper?" No one answered. We didn't know how to. Having (y/n) go from our captive then all of a sudden go to our sniper?

"What if she abuses the power and shoots us instead of the enemy?" Delirious asked.

"If we gain her trust and show her we mean no harm she won't," Wildcat replied as if he thought about it before.

"What if she refuses to do it?" Moo questioned.

"We could have her lover convince her," Wildcat looked over at me.

"I could try," I replied, still uneasy about this whole thing.

"You don't like the idea?" Wildcat looked at me.

"I would just hate to see her get hurt. And besides, once they find out she's a member her normal life would vanish."

"To be fair, her normal life vanished when we took her from that bank," Wildcat bluntly stated. It was a solid argument I couldn't refute.

"Though, we wouldn't be able to assure her safety," Nogla commented.

"It's okay, we all are at risk," Wildcat added. Another hard argument none of us could fight.

"So is it settled?" Wildcat asked.

"All in favor raise your hand," I said. Everyone looked at each other. Slowly, they raised their hands until everyone had their hands up.

"Looks like it's unanimous," I muttered, "Meeting's adjourned."

~

As I started back to the guest room, running over some scenarios that might happen when I tell (y/n) everything we just decided. In all of them, her reaction wasn't a positive reaction.

How do I even go about asking her about such a thing as this? I don't think she's going to say yes, no matter what I do to convince her.

I decided to wait until tomorrow to ask her. Figured she'd want the rest of the day to relax and clear her mind, which is what we did that afternoon.

I laid on my air mattress at the foot of (y/n)'s bed. She was still in the shower, but she takes short showers so she should be out soon. I could hear the running water mixing in with her humming.

The water finally stopped, and after a few minutes she came out in her pajamas and her wet hair had been brushed. She quietly walked over to her bed and laid down.

A thought came to me while we both sat there in silence. Wildcat had said in order to ensure (y/n) would agree to being our sniper, we have to gain her trust. Maybe if I began to show affection for her she'll become more at ease.

With that thought in mind, I got up from the air mattress. I could feel her gaze as I walked around the mattress and unplugged it, allowing the air to flow out. I went over to the guest bed, on the side (y/n) wasn't laying on.

"What the hell are you doing?" she asked, genuinely confused.

"My mattress is losing air so I have to sleep with you," I replied as if it was blatantly obvious.

"Just put the plug back in dumbass! You took it out just a second ago!" she exclaimed. I walked over to my mattress, pulled my pistol out, and shot a hole in it.

"Oops, looks like there's a hole," I said as I walked back and made myself comfortable beside her. I looked over at her, and she stared back at me with a mixture of awe and disbelief. I smiled at her, ignoring her confused stare and I laid down.

"Good night!"