Chapter 9

A loud, repetitive beeping noise began to ring out. It mixed in with your dreams, and for a second you thought it was a part of the dream. It wasn't until you began to awake that the beeping separated from the dream.

The light of the morning sun started becoming clear. The light pinks, oranges, and yellows of the morning sky appeared to flow from one to the other like a painting. The air was slightly cool.

That repetitive beeping still hadn't stopped. It was driving you mad at this point.

The beeping was the clock on a side table near the bed. You never previously used it as an alarm clock. Vanoss must've set an alarm yesterday.

The sound of shifting rubber echoed through the room. Vanoss began to stir, not wanting to get up but knowing he must. He sat up, bringing his hands to his face to tiredly rub his eyes and yawn.

Vanoss slowly stood up, not turning to acknowledge you. He went about with his usual morning routine. First, he used the bathroom. After that, he changed into a white t-shirt, black sweats, and sneakers. Then he brushed his teeth. After that was when he finally at least looked at you.

"Why'd you set an alarm?" You groggily asked.

"Because I have morning workouts. If I have to get up early, you do," he responded.

An angry sigh escaped your mouth, followed by a glare from Vanoss. It could take two or more hours, and the only thing you desired was more sleep.

"At least let me change first," you huffed, getting up and going to the dresser to grab some clothes. The bathroom door let out a creak as you opened it and went in to change.

When you came out, Vanoss walked over to the door and slipped the key out of his pocket. The door clicked as it unlocked, and he held the door open waiting for you to exit the room.

"come on (y/n), the quicker we leave the quicker I can finish my workout," he mumbled impatiently.

Vanoss led you down the hall and went through an oak door. The room had tiled floors with mats sprawled along it. Large and expensive looking equipment was all over the room. Lots of bodybuilding equipment along with more traditional things like treadmills and ellipticals. There was also a flat screen on the wall that was playing a random music radio channel. The room reeked of sweat, as any typical gym does.

Delirious, Mini, and Nogla were already working out. Mini and Delirious were  lifting large weights, while Nogla was running on the treadmill. They must've been working out for a while because they were drenched in sweat, to the point where it appeared they had dumped buckets of water on themselves.

You cringed with disgust while trying not to breathe through your nose. Evan went over to the weightlifting equipment, dragging you over with him.

"Avoid complaining and I can get through this faster," he said as he went over to start working out.

The whole two hours spent working out was complete utter silence, minus the constant panting from the guys as they continued to tire themselves. You sat in a corner, mindlessly flipping through magazines that hung from the wall. It was all exercise and diet crap, so it wasn't interesting in the slightest. It just gave you something to do.

The sound of footsteps coming closer made you look up to see a fatigued Vanoss walking over with a towel on his shoulder. His white shirt was so drenched in sweat it was almost completely see through. Beads of sweat continued to drip down his head, arms, and neck. His jet black hair had an oily shimmer to it, and his shirt was so wet it hugged his chest, making his muscles as clear as day.

"Okay, I'm done. Let me take a shower and change, then we can go have breakfast," he panted, almost out of air.

~

After about thirty minutes of waiting, Vanoss finished his shower and came back out of the bathroom in clothes that weren't sweaty and smelled horrible. He unlocked the guestroom door and led you to the kitchen where everyone else was, eating breakfast and socializing.

Nogla was at the stove, frying the food. The food smelled good; you could smell pancakes, eggs, bacon, and toast. Vanoss waltzed up, grabbed a plate that had food on it, and left to sit at the table with the others.

You bashfully walked closer to Nogla, not sure what to do.

"Morning! What do you want on your plate?" he looked over and smiled, causing you to relax a bit.

"I would like *insert breakfast choice here*" you softly spoke. He grabbed a glass plate and began putting the food on it. Once he was done, he handed it to you.

There was an empty seat beside Vanoss, so you assumed that's where you were to sit. The guys went on with their conversation while you sat down and began to eat.

"Yo, Vanoss. I think we need to have a gang meeting," Wildcat said from across the table, causing all talking to cease.

"What do we need to discuss?" Vanoss responded confused.

"When are we goin' to the bank and getting that money? I want new guns," he said in a childish tone.

"We can do it later today, just not all together. The police are still searching, so we can't go all at once. It'll just be me and (y/n)," he replied.

Wildcat nodded in response and went back to eating, and slowly everyone else went back to socializing.

My money is about to be stolen. I wonder what will happen once they take all my money.

You silently continued to eat, pondering what'll happen when they are done with you. They may dump you in another state, and maybe even kill you. Though it seems you've grown numb to the thought of death, it kept circling your mind.