Chapter 11

Left my favorite VanossGaming video for you all to watch. Anyways, enjoy the chapter.

Vanoss POV

We made it back home after half an hour of driving. I was still pretty pissed off that (y/n) deposited all $50k at once, but whatever. That just means she shortened her days. I walked in behind (y/n) to keep an eye on her.

"Hey! So how many guns are we getting?" Wildcat asked as soon as we walked into the living room.

"A lot, since we have $50,000," I responded, glancing over at (y/n).

"I can't wait. All the weapons we have are getting old. I want something new and exciting," Marcel added.

"When are we buying the new guns?" Mini asked, standing up from the black couch.

"I guess we could get them tomorrow," I shrugged.

"Then right after we get them, we could go to that abandoned shooting range at the top of the hill," Wildcat suggested.

"Sure why not," I responded halfheartedly.

Everyone agreed to this arrangement and there were no objections. The rest of the day trudged on slowly. I did another workout session while (y/n) sat in the corner and read a magazine. Actually, she had the same magazine the whole hour and a half I had been working out, so I have a feeling she just wanted something to occupy herself.

Once I finished working out, I walked into the guest room with (y/n) trailing behind me. Sweat wouldn't stop dripping from my forehead, and I smelled horrible. Once the guestroom door was locked, I took a long cold shower.

(Y/n) also decided to take a shower when I had finished. I watched as she trailed into the bathroom, fixing her (h/l) hair on the way. She locked the door as soon as she shut the door, and only a few minutes later I began to hear running water.

There was a knock at the door that I almost didn't hear over the sound of running water. I told the person they could unlock the door and come in, since the keyhole was on the inside of the door. It seems strange, but how the hell are we supposed to keep a hostage if the lock was on the inside.

The person unlatched the door and poked their head in. It was Nogla, wearing a white T-shirt with flannel over it, black jeans, and large black glasses. He looked a bit lost, and pretty bored as well.

"You need something?" I asked, a bit confused as to why he was here.

"I dunno man. I got bored cause no one will play video games with me and so I was just curious to see what you were up to," he shrugged and gave a crooked smile.

"I'm just waiting for (y/n) to finish her shower so I can get my sleep," I let out a huff, exhausted and a bit agitated.

"That reminds me, when are you planning on killing her? Ya know, Since you have all her money now."

"I was planning on doing it right after we get the new guns. I figured we could test them out on her. But the others want to go straight from the weapon store to the shooting range, so it might be another day or two."

Nogla turned his head to the side and looked down, avoiding making eye contact with me.

"Look, I haven't gotten the chance to speak with her much, but she seems like a nice girl. It's a shame we're taking her life, especially since she has so much more to look forward to."

I huffed. Nogla was always the stereotypical "shy, timid, nice guy" and he was always the nicer one out of all of us. He was too soft, and I've been trying to train him and get him out of this mindset but it has proven to not be very affective.

"I don't see why you have regrets about this now. You kill people all the time," I pointed out.

"Yeah, but I don't know those people at all. I've at least talked to (y/n) a few times. I would rather kill someone I've never talked to before than someone I have. If I don't talk to them, I don't learn anything about them and it closes the opportunity to grow an emotional bond to them. As the saying goes, "Ignorance is bliss" he quoted and left without another word.

Despite the fact I seemingly disagreed with his words, they stuck in my mind and I couldn't forget them all night. I kept myself up longer than I usually stay up, thinking about Nogla's "speech." While I continued to ponder Nogla's words,  I could hear the light sound of (y/n)'s breathing while she slept soundly.