Chapter 12

Third Person POV

You woke up with a sudden blinding light shining in your face. It startled you and caused you to suddenly cover your eyes, which were now unable to open due to the light.

"Rise and shine Sleeping Beauty," Vanoss sarcastically mumbled as he walked away from the window, going to the dresser to get some clothes.

Your arms popped as you stretched them up, keeping your eyes closed still. They could finally open a little without searing pain going through your head. 

"Morning asshole," you mumbled in reply, receiving an angry chuckle from Vanoss.

"Touche," he muttered as he went into the bathroom.

That was pretty much the highlight of your morning. There was nothing special that happened really. Once Vanoss was finished in the bathroom, you went in and changed, then after that Vanoss went to work out, then you all set down to have breakfast. There was nothing special to note.

As everyone sat at the table with their breakfast (prepared by the lovely chef Nogla) no one was able to keep their mouth shut. They all sat and eagerly discussed the new weaponry they desired, all of them talking back and forth about their dream weapon and how fast/efficient it was at mass slaughter. Not exactly the type of conversation you'd typically engage in so you stayed quiet and eavesdropped on everyone else's conversation.

"... It's lightweight so it's easy to carry around..."

"... It can shoot over 50 rounds in thirty seconds..."

"... It looks scary as hell, it'll get a lot of people's attention..."

Everyone's words began to fade, mixing together to form an inaudible echo in your head. All this talk about guns didn't matter to you, the only thing on your mind was the future. What is going to happen now that they have what they desired?

Once breakfast was over, everyone loaded up into a black truck; actually it was the same truck they rode in when you were captured to be precise. They all eagerly talked about the guns they wanted as Vanoss continued down the road like a maniac, as always.

"When we get there, some of us will have to stay in the truck, for obvious reasons," Vanoss said. Once the words left his mouth, everyone's eyes trailed over to you. Your face began to heat up now that everyone was staring at you, but they were all too excited to not talk about their guns for more than a minute, so the unwanted attention was gone fairly quickly.

"I'm going in, since I'm the leader. Plus, I have a gun in mind that I want," Vanoss added.

"I don't want to stay in the car! I have a gun I wanted to get as well!" Wildcat yelled defensively.

"NOSE GOES!" Mini yelled as he put his finger up to his nose. Everyone else quickly followed suit, until Nogla and Lui were last to touch their nose.

Did they seriously just solve their arguing in such a childish and immature manner? I thought they were supposed to be fierce and tough...

"Damn," Lui muttered in defeat while Nogla didn't react.

~

Vanoss drove into an alley and parked in front of what looked like an old and run down storehouse. Vanoss was first to exit the car, and everyone else but Nogla and Lui eagerly scrambled to leave.

"Here. I trust you with it more than I trust him," Vanoss handed Lui the key to the truck and ran over to regroup with the gang. They all went inside, and all the chatter finally ceased.

"Well then," Lui muttered.

"So, how are you?" Nogla looked over at you from the passenger seat and smiled. You didn't know how to respond, it was an unnatural occurrence to receive such kindness from one of the gang members.

"I'm okay I guess," you replied slowly.

"What about you Lui?" He looked over at Lui, who was sitting on your left. Lui ran a hand through his hair and shrugged.

"Guess you aren't having such a good day?" Nogla put his hand against his chin.

"I dunno, that was an offhanded comment and I wasn't expecting it," Lui laughed a bit at Nogla.

"How about some small talk?" Nogla proposed.

"How about not," Lui protested.

"Fine then, I'll talk to (y/n). I'm sure she'll be less of a sassy pants," Nogla waved his hand to dismiss Lui and turned to you.

"So, what's your favorite color?" Nogla said in an exaggerated voice, making himself sound way too interested in your choice of color.

"Um, (favorite color) I guess...?" you trailed off.

"Cool. What's your favorite animal?"

"(favorite animal)."

"Hmmm... Do you watch anime?"

"(Yes/no)."

Nogla nodded and began another sentence, only to be cut off by the storehouse door opening. The gang piled out of the store with proud looks on their faces. Vanoss lead them out and towed all the weaponry with him.

He came up to the truck and set the guns in the back of the truck. Vanoss looked over at Moo and Delirious who were sitting in the bed of the truck.

"Make sure they don't get damaged," he ordered.

Vanoss walked over to the right side of the truck, suspiciously pacing around for a bit. Mini, who was supposed to be sitting on your right, wasn't getting into the truck which also seemed weird. Vanoss adjusted his red jacket, reached into the side of the waistband of his pants, pulled out a pistol, and looked at you. His eyes were full of fire and hatred, you could feel it burning twenty feet away.

"You have been nothing but a a nuisance since day one," he started as he cocked the pistol, "and as I shoot these rounds into you, I won't feel anything but relief."

As he raised the gun up, Lui bent down beside you to avoid being shot. You went to do the same, wincing and tensing up as you awaited the sound of the gun being fired. It never came, but instead was replaced by an agrivated moan.

"Nogla what the hell are you doing?" Vanoss hissed. You looked up to see that Nogla had exited the passenger seat and was standing in between you and Vanoss.

"W-why would you kill her here? In the city where there's lots of people nearby to witness? Can't it wait?" he proposed nervously, stumbling on his words. He was obviously stalling and trying to give any excuse to convince Vanoss not to shoot you. You mentally applauded his efforts, but deep down you knew it wouldn't faze Vanoss.

"Fine, I'll hold off for now," he huffed in defeat. The tension in the air never wavered, even after Vanoss put his gun back in the waistband of his pants.

He walked up to the truck, going  straight for you. He leaned into the window, crabbed you by the sleeve of your shirt, and pulled you closer to him.

"Next time you won't be so lucky," he hissed in your ear. He released the grab he had on your shirt, and you looked at him. His eyes were blazing with anger, to the point you turned away when he locked eyes on you.

All the muscles in your body grew numb. It was a delayed reaction, but it just hit you how close you were to death. Your body trembled with fear, thinking of the gun pointed straight at you. Not only that, but also thinking of Vanoss and the hatred he harbored for you.

~
A/n:
Apologies for the lack of updates. High school is pretty stressful, so I took a little break to clear my mind and focus on my work. But things have slowly died down and I'm feeling good enough to update more often now :)

Lol I just realized this book has started to evolve into a Nogla x reader.

I'm planning out the first few parts with actual Vanoss x reader action, but I wanted to have a lot of story development before getting into that.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter :)