Chapter 14

Day 1 out of 7

Third person POV

There was a loud beeping that started to ring in your ears. First, you put your hand over your ears only to have it pulled away by Vanoss. You put the pillow over your face, but Vanoss took it from you and threw it across the room.

"You can work out alone while I sleep," you angrily mumbled as you covered your face with the duvet. Vanoss then grabbed the duvet and pulled it off the bed, leaving you cold and uncomfortable.

"Go away," you angrily shivered and looked up at him. He was clearly enjoying pissing you off, the look on his face said it all. He had a large, playful smirk as he stood by the bed.

"Come on, get up," he shook you while you laid in a ball to try and stay warm. You refused to get up, and so Vanoss got onto the bed and started jumping.

"Stop being so stubborn and get up," he said as he continued to jump. Once that proved to do nothing, he got down on his hands and knees and crawled over to you. He positioned himself so he was directly over you.

"C-could you go away?" You sheepishly mumbled, your cheeks becoming hot as you looked up at him.

"Everyone is waiting for you," he said, still not moving.

"W-why?"

"Did you forget or something?"

"..."

"The guys don't believe you can shoot so we're going back to the abandoned shooting range to prove them wrong."

He finally got up, but still remained on the bed. He sat next to you, still curled in a ball.

"Am I going to have to resort to other things to get you up? Cause I don't want to."

"..."

"Hey, are you ticklish?"

That was enough to convince you to sit up. He chuckled as you sat up straight and looked at him.

"I figured..."

You quickly brushed your hair, brushed your teeth, and changed. Once you were finished, Vanoss went into the bathroom to shower and change. He came out in his usual red jacket, white t-shirt, dark skinny jeans, and black sneakers. His jet Black hair was spiked up and still wet.

"Let's go."

~

Vanoss, as always, drove the truck and drove like a maniac, as always. The drive there was actually pretty quiet, you assumed it was a mixture of a long day yesterday and the fact it was pretty early in the morning. Or maybe they were just so curious as to whether or not you would actually hit the bullseye.

Everyone exited the truck swiftly once Vanoss parked it. They seemed to be itchy and wanted to hurry along.

All of you walked up the dirt path over to where you and Vanoss were the previous day. You walked silently behind Vanoss, who led the whole group up the little hill.

Once at the top, Vanoss quickly pulled his pistol out and had the assault rifle in the other hand. He handed the pistol to you while standing ready to shoot the assault rifle in case you thought to do anything incompetent.

"You ready?" he whispered in your ear while his warm breath lightly grazed your ear.

You replied with a little nod, and he backed up a bit to give you some space. The rest of the gang stood in a little crowd behind you, watching and waiting silently. Before you shot, you gave a nervous glance to Vanoss, who gave you a thumbs up for encouragement.

You turned back around to face the target. Slowly, you held the pistol up and lined it as close you could. You sighed a bit, trying to remain calm. It was pretty hard knowing you had a whole audience of at least seven guys.

You fired, focusing on nothing but the pistol and the target. Your mind went blank for a split second and you had forgotten about the crowd. That is, until they all erupted into cheers. Confused, you turned to look at them and then looked back at the target. There was a new hole that hadn't previously been, right in the center.

Two big arms stretched around and pulled you into a hug. You knew who it was before you even turned around.

"You did great," Vanoss spoke behind you. You felt another pair of arms wrap around you and Vanoss, and pretty soon you were trapped in a large group hug.

They all finally released after a few seconds of awkwardness.

"Sorry we didn't believe you before man," Wildcat looked over at Vanoss and then glanced over at you.

"Not bad kid," Wildcat gave you a thumbs up and walked away to join the others, who had grouped up.

He left you alone with Vanoss, who had a grin on his face.