Chapter 7: Zombie

I woke up with my body stiffen. I sat up and stretched my body. I took a glance at the clock and said it was 10 PM.

I groaned and stood on my feet. I was still wearing my outfit for the day. I grabbed my toiletries to have shower and brushed my teeth.

I realized that Brian and Ethan didn't wake me for dinner. I guessed Ethan got the message that I was still pissed with my brother. I hadn't seen Brian all day.

After taking the shower and brushed my teeth, I went back to my room and did my math homework. I never liked math. But after some time ago, I felt that I was the idiot because it is was actually easy if I tried it.

When I was in boarding school, I was so eager to learn, especially the subjects I was weak on like math and physics. I remember I got C on my math and physics tests. Since then, everyday, I would read the books and doing the exercises. Slowly, I got A on those subjects.

The homework was easy for me. So, around 15 minutes, I was done. I couldn't sleep anymore and I wasn't in mood for listening to musics or read.

I wanted to watch TV, but I knew that both Ethan and Brian would be there too. I looked at my clock and it was 11 PM. Have they gone to bed?

I decided to check it out myself. I opened my bedroom door and closed it quietly. I headed to the living room like a ninja. I peeked inside, and there was no one. I checked the kitchen too and it was empty. Yessss. They've gone to sleep.

I opened the refrigerator to have some water and grabbed an apple. I was famished but it was fine for me. As long as my tummy had something in it.

As I took a bite on my apple, I headed back to the living room. I sat on the couch and turned the TV on. I turned it on low volume so they wouldn't awake.

I watched the TV until midnight and I still wasn't sleepy. It was 1 AM. I had class tomorrow and I would defenitely be a zombie.

There was nothing interesting in the TV so I turned it off. I sighed and went back to my room, trying to sleep.

That was why I couldn't take a nap, because I would have trouble sleeping at night and woke up late the next day. I grabbed my alarm clock and made sure to set it on.

I stirred my body countless times already. I glanced at my clock and it was 2 AM. Oh, great. I was so gonna be a zombie. But after some time, I drifted to sleep.

I woke up with the loud alarm noise. I barely opened my eyes. I extended my hand to the night stand to grab my alarm and shut it off. Once it was quite, I slept again for a few minutes.

I didn't know how long I'd been sleeping when someone shook me to wake up. I was startled and sat up right away. Then I saw Brian sitting on my bed, grinning.

"Hey, sis. It's 07.00 already. You have class right? " he asked.

My eyes widened in shock. "What? 07.00? Holy shit. I'm late", I got up from the bed and rushed myself to the bathroom. I could hear Brian's chuckle.

See? That was why I shouldn't take a nap. I always ended up being late.

I got out of the shower and went back to my room. Brian wasn't in my room anymore. I quickly grabbed whatever outfit I saw and put my books in the bag. I brushed my hair and went out. I didn't have time to apply mascara.

I glanced at my watch and it was already 07.30. Shit. Before I went out to the door, I heard Brian told me to have breakfast but I said no because I was freaking late.

I almost ran to the campus and collided with some people in the street. I could hear them grumbled and I said sorry.

Luckily the campus wasn't far so I could make it at 07.45. I stopped to gain some air to my lungs.