Prologue 02: The Return

Sixteen Years Later in Konoha.

"Sasuke! Give that scroll back! I know you can't destroy Konoha!" Naruto shouted, ruffling through the leaves of the trees which came in between him and Sasuke.

Naruto and Sakura were after Sasuke's trail from a long time. He had left the village and became a rogue ninja.

When they had almost given up, Sasuke had came slithering in Konoha, after a scroll that was supposed to be powerfull enough to destroy the whole village.

After Naruto and Sakura got to know about it, they ran all the way into a forest and were now close behind Sasuke.

Sasuke's arrogance was what spurred him to take revenge from his brother. But he took the dark tunnel to reach the height of power. Yes, he was dark and evil now and was working with Akatsuki to destroy his own village. But he was also the only heir left of the Uchiha Clan.

Akatsuki was the organisation of different ninjas who want to take over the power of the Ten-Tailed monster to rule all the five great ninja villages. It consists of ten highly powerful ninjas including Sasuke, and Naruto knew that. But still, inside his heart was a tiny flicker of hope that told him that Sasuke was not bad and that he was still his best friend.

Naruto does all he can to bring him back because Sakura-his love- loved Sasuke and he wanted her to be happy. This was not the only reason, it was also because, during the dark and lonely times of his life, Sasuke was the one to help him. He had become his best comrade and they even shared their first kiss with each other.

Naruto reminiscised all these small nemories and kept his hope up. He had to bring Sasuke back, no matter what, even if he had to fight him in a battle of death. But he also knew that Sasuke was more powerful than him.

Sasuke, on the other hand thought the total opposite. He felt that Naruto was more powerful as he was not able to kill him.

Someone had told him that to be powerful he had to be cruel and had to kill his best friend. And that someone was his own brother, Itachi.

He was the same person who had trusted Naruto to look after his brother but Sasuke didn't know about that. He was successful in killing his brother to avenge his clan, but the shock of the truth had once again wavered him from his original path.

So, another war had broken out in Konoha because of Sasuke's new found hate towards the village he grew up in.

"Sasuke...please!" Sakura cried, still following, "or I will have to kill you!" She shouted rubbing her eyes as her pink hair ruffled with the air and hid her tears.

"Sasuke! Can't you see how much she loves you? Why don't you come back to our- to your village?" Naruto shouted after him as he also tried to control his tears. He rubbed his eyes and finally took a long leap and landed just in front of Sasuke, blocking his way.

"Sheesh..." Sasuke heaved a sigh of disbelief and attacked him. Naruto could have easily dodged it, if Sakura had not come in between. The kunai with the fireball hit her too hard and she collapsed with pain.

"Sakura!" Naruto shouted, and then added to Sasuke, taking her in his arms "Temme...!"

"Hn!" Sasuke gave his evil laugh and said, "Thats what you get for trying to stop me." Then he launched himself forward and disappeared into the forest.

"Sasuke!" Sakura tried to shout but all that came out was a croak.

Since Sasuke had left this opportunity to kill them meant that he still had some feelings inside him. He couldn't make up his mind to kill his best friends. That was another hope that he was still humane.