Ethereal 31: Mine (Unedited)

Chapter 31

Naeko's Point of View

I looked up at the night sky shimmering with tiny little stars, all ready to battle each other to become the most bright one. I pulled my legs in front of my chest and rested my chin on my knees, hugging my legs.

"Are you cold?" he asked.

"Nope." I reassured him with a warm smile, "Just wondering how everything ended up like this." I said, still looking at the sky.

"Do- do you want to go back?" he paused, "with me..."

I looked at him with a puzzled face. What's with him stuttering?

"Ofcourse not, we belong here." I replied back.

Shun and I were sitting on top of the woodden roof of the building, which now housed me. It had been quite a long time since I had spent time with my brother and it felt awkward. Somehow, it didn't feel the same as it did before I knew the truth about us. Shun is not my brother. It kept circling my mind whenever I saw him. Naruto is. I was actually happy about that part. Naruto nii , funny. I didn't know what Shun was feeling. There was a peculiar distance between us, which wasn't before. He might be a little hesistant, staying with me since we now knew that we weren't related.

"Don't get me wrong Shun," I said facing him, "I might not want to go back, but I do want you to stay here, with me." I finished. "As a family. As my real brother."

He suddenly looked away from me, to other side.

After what seemed a while, he replied, still not looking at me, "I guess, I always knew you would say this." His voice was barely audible.

"Huh?"

He turned around and gave me his time-to-time older brother smile and ruffled my hair.

"Hey stop that!" I whined and he laughed, tears forming at the corners of his eyes; still teasing me.

"You are crying!" I pointed out in between ny laughter.

"Yea, I know." he said and suddenly hugged me. My eyes widened. Why? Why is he crying? I didn't move as my head rested over his left shoulder. Whats going on?

"I missed you," he whispered, "Imouto chan." he added. Suddenly my eyes watered too. "Baka!" I cursed and hugged him back. "I am not a little child anymore."

"I know..." he said. Now I knew why his eyes watered. I can't describe it but since he grew up as my brother, it was obvious he would worry. Stupid older brothers.

I smiled to myself and opened my eyes, wiping off the tears with my hands. I was just gonna let go when I noticed something floating at quite a few distance.

My heart beat quicken at a glance. I felt a jolt run through me and my face flushed.

I quickly pushed myself off him and stood up, brushing off any dirt which might have stuck on my pants.

"Lets go!" I said hurriedly, and carefully made my way off the slant roof. "You shouldn't make Naruto wait for you since you are staying with him." I shouted back.

"Hey- Hey! Wait for me!" he said and followed.

I bid goodnight to Shun and pecked him on his cheek. He grunted and shooed me off. "Get lost!" he said, probably embarassed since Naruto had alread opened the door and was grinning at him. I did the same to Naruto and he went silent. Once I was ensured that both of them were locked inside their room, I opened mine and entered.

I skillfully let the door look closed, but instead it wasn't locked. I went to the verandah and opened that door too. After scanning my room once again, I went to the washroom to change, my heart still pacing.

I messily tied my hair in a bun, washed my face and changed into a white slip and black cotton shorts, revealing my long legs, a comfy night wear. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time, arranged my slip, shouldn't be way too revealing, and stepped outside nervously.

The room was unexpectedly silent. I glanced at my bed and sighed. Was it not what I think?

Disappointed with myself, I walked towards the verandah and closed the door. With a heavy heart I dragged myself to the bed and let myself fall.

"How can you even think that, Naeko." I complained to myself and hugged the pillow, closing my eyes and soon fell asleep.

Past midnight, I found myself lurking in my room, not able to reason out why I was awake. I emptied a glass of water and again made my way to sleep.

Oh, I hadn't closed the main door. I remembered.

I went towards it and held the knob in my hand, trying to turn it.

"Hmn?" I puzzled and tried once again, this time with more power.

Sleepily, I bent down and examined it closely. I frowned. Why is it already locked?

I tried to reason out with myself when I felt the presence behind me. I stood there facing the door, blood rushing to my face. It can't be. It can't be. I repeated in my mind as I slowly turned around, still clutching the door knob.

My eyes widened at the familiar shadow. I leaned at the door as my body was about to give up. I was trembling with excitement.

"Wh-Why are you here?" The words came out of my mouth in a petty voice.

"Who is that guy to you?" he asked, nearing me.

"None- none of your business!" I snapped back. My face reflected in his green eyes pretty clearly. "Why should I even tell you?"

He didn't move or say anything. His mere presence like this was enough to knock me out. I was giving it my all to stay composed.

He slowly moved his hands and took hold of my chin, forcefully making me look at him. He gritted his teeth, "Yes. You were right." he said, slowly closing in the gap between us.

I was right? About what? My body had went numb and I couldn't feel anything except the abnormal rate of thumping of my heart. You are jealous, aren't you?!

I remembered what I said. Was he really talking about that? I gulped nervously and held my breath as I started to lean forward.

It really was his eye balls, which I saw on the roof! He was keeping an eye on me! My stomach gave a flip flop at the thought and his movements distracted me.

His hands moved away from my face to the sides of my shoulders and traced down my arms, giving me chills.

I am not wearing my clothes. I am just in my slips, its so embarrassing! My mind yelled at me but I ignored.

I closed my eyes just before his lips would meet mine. I anticipated his kiss and waited but he never did kiss me. Instead I was taken a back when his lips touched the upper portion of my cheek, just below my left eye.

"What the-" I opened my eyes and saw him distancing himself.

"You are mine. And only mine." his words were authoritative and impactful. With that he turned into sand abd vanished.

Atlast, my knees gave up and I was diwn on the floor. I touched the part of my face where he kissed me and suddenly felt hot. Anger shot up and I couldn't help but feel enbarassed. "You bakaaaa!!!" I shouted at someone who wasn't there.

_____________________________________

A/N

I am sorry guys, the chapters onwards are gonna be really short , maybe 1 wattpad page or even less? But plz cope with it cuz I really don't have time even for myself :(

~Sassy