Ethereal 28: Jealousy (Unedited)

Chapter 28

Naeko's Point of View

I was told by everyone that my hair looks good. That it was beautiful and suits me. Then why am I doing this?

I questioned myself as I took hold of my hair and looked in the mirror. Oh yea, right. His words kept bugging me all the way till we reached this small town. I sighed.

Why am I even bothered? Even Sasuke told me to not let it get on my nerves, that I looked beatiful. Ahem, right. He really did say that. But not to mention that I just happened to hear it when he was desperately trying to act all cocky again.

I stared at myself and thought back at the time I was thanking God that Gaara was alright. I turned red. Ugh. Why did I hug him? No, it would have been alright if he wouldnt have made me feel embarased in front of Sasuke.

Point one, he didnt hug me back. No problem, he is just like that.

Point two, he didn't say 'Its Okay' or 'its alright' to a crying girl. Okay, whatever but this point also cleared.

Point three, he stood still and emotionless as if he didn't want to be there. No words, I am speechless.

Point four, he did say something atlast! 'Your hair will come in your way of fighting. You are not here to flaunt yourself. Be more like a Kunoichi at an S Rank!'

You say, what was that? Well, dont ask me I only know as much as you know, but it seemed more like he was jealous of something...

As if.

But what he said, I really wanted to keep that into consideration. So now I am here, in front of the mirror, trying to figure out what to do with my hair.

No. Don't worry, I am not as silly as to go and cut my hair like Sakura did. Well, it wasn't like she had any other choice at that time...

Anyways, it will be a waste if I cut my hair.

I threw out the contents of my bag and took a look at what type of accessory I had.

After wrecking my brain for quite a good time, I decided on something that I never would have guessed I would ever use. It was a large black clip-type thing. I only bought it because it was like the was Kuchiki Byakuya wore in Bleach. I really loved it.

"So then, time to buckle up." I said to myself and chuckled.

I ised the clip and let the bangs fall on my forehead. I disn't know what to do with the rest of my hair, so I could only do a ponytail. But why so ordinary? I narrowed my eyes and stared at myself, when I could think of nothin, I just pulled them together at the left side of my head and did a high pony.

Now, to blend in with the ninjas, the outfit. I chose a green and black outfit to match Naruto's. Instead of a skirt, I thought pants would be a better choice.

All done. I smiled and stuffed my bag back.

I left the washroom and peeked outside the door. Gaara was nowhere in sight but Sasuke was there, sitting across the room looking outside the window. He seemed to be in deep thoughts.

I sighed and walked up to him. When I reached near him, he moved his head slowly upto me, taking in the changes. A smirk crept up his lips with his usual 'hn'.

"What?" I narrowed my eyes. Shouldn't have expected him to say anything, anyways. "Where is Gaara anyway?"

He stopped smirking and relaxed back with his hands folded in front of his chest. "Gone to reply for the letter."

"Blummer!" I pouted, "I wanted him to see me like this! What does he think he is anyway?!" I stmped my foot and turned around but my bad luck was with me. "Wha--?" I slipped and fell backwards on Sasuke.

He catched me in time and mumbled something like mimmicking me , who does he think he is?

My eyebrows twitched. I grabbed him off his colar and pulled it. I guess I pulled a little too much because he was now only an inch away from me.

"Listen you jerk, stop mocking me or-" I was cut off in between, "Or what Naeko?" he said closing the little gap between our faces.

I flinched at first but couldn't move. His onyx eyes were boring into mine. I couldnt even utter a word. My breath became heavier as I felt his warm, steady breath. It could'nt be. I thought and shut my eyes tightly.

As soon as I did that I recieved a quick peck on my cheeks, "Don't be so clumsy next time. What if it wasn't me?" he said and straightened me back.

I was too shocked to notice that there were spectators until he spoke. "Oh Gaara, she was looking for you too." Sasuke said and started looking outside again.

What? When did Gaara come in? Did he see me? Did he see it all?

I panicked and faced him. "I...I can explain."

He made a disgusted face, took a round about and stomped outside the room.

"Gaara!" I shouted behind him. I ran after him only after giving a last glare to Sasuke. All he did was chuckle.

I ran outside after Gaara calling his name several times to make him stop.

But eventually I had to overtake him and pull his arms. "Why won't you listen to me?!" I shouted.

"About what?" he said in a monotonous way. There was no emotion un it.

"About what?! You saw all that, did you not?"

"It doesnt concern me." he said and out of my grip. "Kakashi san and Naruto have been called back due to some mishaps. We also have to leave."

And with that he started walking off. I stared at his back and unintentionally said something I didn't mean to.

"You are jealous. Aren't you?" I called out and then shut my own mouth with both of my hands.

Oops.

Expecting him to ignore it or say something mean, I quickly turned to leave.

Stupid me. What was I thinking?

I glanced back to see him standing still. I stopped. Why is he still here? Don't tell me he really is jealous! My mind screamed. I slowed down my pace for him to get some time to say something. My heart was on a racetrack.

But I was wrong.

He didn't turn or say anything. He went without any word. I squeezed my hands holding my chest.

I am such a stupid girl.

And I walked off with a wierd feeling.