Ethereal 20: An 'S' Rank Mission? (Unedited)

Chapter 20

Naruto's Point of View

I was standing in Tsunade's room again but this time not by my will. Gaara dragged me in here after I told him about Naeko.

"Tsunade sama! I caught Sasuke. He tried to sneak in and steal something , but this girl," he looked at me then continued, " who claimed to be his friend said I must be mistaken. He wasn't trying to do anything against Konoha and that he has changed. "

"S-Sasuke?!" I was surprised. What was he doing here?

"Who is this girl, do you know her?"

"No. but certainly, Sasuke has changed a little bit. If it wasn't a play, then the girl really kissed him and he didn't react."

"What? He let some girl kiss him?! I am going. I need to find Naeko! And now Sasuke too!" I turned to go but Garra's sand bind me. "W-what! Lemme go!!"

"So, basically, you mean we can't trust her?"

[ lemme go..! K'hssoo!! ]

"That's what I thought but now I guess, we have to trust her."

[lemme-]

"Damare Naruto!" ,scary Granny, she addressed me with shut up and then continued her talk with the 'Kazekage', "Huh? Why do we believe her? It could be a trap."

[Gaara!, Why the hell are-...]

"I told you, I also thought so..." he paused and I kept trying to break free. "untill...untill I met Naruto downstairs..."

"Lemme- huh?" I turned my head towards him. What did he mean ?

"That girl, she claimed to be ..."

Naeko's Point of View

I guess I over slept. Each and every bone in my body was hurting. I tried to open my eyes but I guess they didn't want to.

"Ummm... why is it still dark?" I murmured sleepily and yawned. I turned around and forced my eyes open and was met by a ghostly figure just opposite of me.

"Yikes!" it was a reflex. His red eyes stared right into mine.

"I thought you said that you weren't scared by the likes of me?" he smirked.

Oh. I remembered. Of course, how can I forget! Am in Konoha! And in a jail. Sigh.

I stuck my tongue out at him. He chuckled.

The half done training of yesterday had lead to this pain I was in. I didn't wanna get up but then I thought of Naruto. How much pain he might have endured in his life. Compared to that , it was noting! And I? I claim to be his sister? Blah.. can't lose to him now...

"How much time has passed?" I asked him.

"I don't know."

"Why are you showing your sharingan to me? planning to kill me? or..." I looked at him in a naughty way.

"What?!" he looked away.

"Well, you can't impress me with that...heh..." I laughed.

"I wasn't trying to impress you or whatever..." he said and closed his eyes. Next time they were black.

"Oh yeah?? " I teased. " you are such a moron.."

"Hn..."

I knew he wasn't trying to do none. I teased him just to give a better atmosphere. A lively atmosphere. Sigh. He couldn't help it. It had become his habit to use sharingan all the time. He activates it without knowing ot himself. And if it continues like this, he might as well end up like Itachi...losing his eyesight.