Ethereal 32: The Punishment (Unedited)

Chapter 32

After a hard and ubelievable night, I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on the door.

"Who's it?" I mumbled, still half asleep. I lifted the pillow from tge top of my head and tried to open my eyes to the bright light. It felt as if my face had swelled up and I really felt the urge to use the washroom.

"Don't tell me you are still asleep!" Shun sounded surprised. "We had to meet up and discuss the strategy with the head woman!"

"Yea yea," I slowly positioned myself on the bed and let my feet on the floor, fumbling for tge slippers. "You guys go ahead," I paused to yawn, "I will come by myself." I added.

"Tch." I heard him say and then go away.

My feet found the fluffy white slippers and I made myself comfortable in it. Slowly moving away from the bed, I reached for the table clock which was set at the table adjoing the bed, along with a table lamp, pen and a memo pad. Other than that was my bag and my i-pod with the earphones attached. Finally its the day when it discharges, hmn?

I picked up the clock and stared at it for a few seconds, taking in the time, one hand on my head, holding back the hair interupting my view.

My eyes almost bulged out as I saw what the time was. Eleven! Don't you freaking kid me! We were supposed to be with Granny Tsunade at this hour! I am so dead.

I rushed to the washroom and filled the bathtub with water as I continued to brush, hurriedly. I was in such a hurry that I didn't even get time to look at myself in the mirror. Frantically, I took a bath, washed my hair and dressed up. I didn't had the time to blow dry my hair so I let it lose, making the upper part of my clothes wet. But it wasn't making it transparent so I didn't care.

I ran all the way to the tower. I even jumped from roof to roof but it wasn't easy for me. I couldn't jump long distances, just the close ones.

Whwn I finally made it, I saw that everyone of them were already leaving.

"Wh-what?" I groaned.

"hehe... you are late Naeko." Naruto said, grinning, both his hands at the back of his head, walking casually. "By the way, your tattoo looks good."

Tattoo what? I was still disappointed about not reaching on time that I didn't give it any thought.

"What did you all discuss? Any plans?" I asked as I now walked with them, out of the building.

"Nothing much." Sakura joined me. "We are to go out to that world and see if we could find a clue to that scroll."

"So everyone is going?" I asked.

"No. Half of us will search in Konoha." she explained and then paused. "Do you like hearts?"

"Huh? Why?" I was confused at such a random question.

"Your tattoo looks good. Suits you." She said and moved her hands closer to my face. "Come to think of it, why were you so late? Did you sleep in?"

Her finger touched my cheek casually and I remembered what had happened yesterday.

Oh god. How can I forget? My cheeks flushed as my temperature rose.

"Are you okay?" Sakura asked.

"Yea, she probably is." A cold voice answered. "Must be thinking about last night." Sasuke sounded kind of irritated.

"La-last night?" Sakura's voice was now low and her eyes diverted away as she looked at the ground.