Ethereal: Epilogue (Unedited-Major editing needed!)

Epilogue ~The End~

Naeko sniffed silently, burrying her face in her pillow as she tried to sleep. She was back. Everyone was back, except Sanako.

She was happy about the fact that she will be able to live in the world she longed to live in, with a brother who needed her and another one whom she needed.

The thought of Shun made her think how he would be feeling, afterall Sanako was his real mother.

Naeko tried to shove all the begative feelings out but she was having a hard time. Day after; they would be leaving the village for training, she thought, diverting her mind. Wonder when will I see everyone. Thankgod Shun will be with me.

Naeko closed her eyes and mumbled to herself. If only Sanako was there to help me sleep, she thought.

Just as the thought crossed her mind, she felt a hand stroke the back of her head. Startled, she quickly turned around getting wind up in the sheets only to see Gaara sitting silently beside her, on the bed.

The sight of him triggered Naeko's tear glands and she hugged him tightly. Right, he was there.

The whole night Gaara carressed her and made her go to sleep. She leaned her head forward abd slept peacefully on his lap. Gaara couldn't help but stare at her all night. This was the first time he wasn't sleeping after the removal of Shukaku from him. He felt that he couldn't leave her so ungaurded.

On the other hand, Shun lay awake on his futon besides Naruto's bed. Naruto was soundly sleeping, shutting out the whole world.

Shun was in deep thoughts, reminiscising the moments with Sanako and Naeko. He never wanted to leave the world he grew up in but he couldn't leave Naeko alone.

He got up and moved out into the veranda. The cool night breeze did nothing to soothe him up in an alien surrounding. He looked to his right and saw Naeko's door wide open. What is she doing? he thought and leapt into her veranda.

He was going to make his way inside but stopped. Yuki was pulling on his legs and moving its head as if telling him to stop. At first he didn't understand why but then he saw her, holding Gaara's hand as she slept. He took a step back and slumped down on the floor, resting his head in his hands.

Yuki leapt up to stanf on Shun's shoulder and then licked him on his cheeks. He was startled at the act like that of a dog but didn't make any effort to shove it off, instead he stroked it and made it purr.

The saliva of the cat made Shun's scar burn. He returned back to his futon and tucked himself up. No amount of splashing cold water was helping it to soothe.

Yuki stood on guard until he was fadt asleep.

The next day, everyone woke up with the same feeling of nostalgia. Naeko woke up to find Gaara still with her.

"Oh my god, did you stay awake the whole night?" she blushed as she jumped out of the bed.

Since Gaara didn't say anything she took it as a yes and told him to get a little bit sleep.

"No, I now need to go back to my Village." he said in a deep voice.

Naeko thought that his voice being deep and bold was sexy and couldn't make out what he said.

"Uh?" she said looking apologetically.

Gaara sighed and got up. He glided towards Naeko and kissed her on her forehead making Naeko go red at his sudden movement.

She put out her hands and slapped her forhead in embaressment.

"What was that for?"

"I am going back." he said, "I hope to see you soon."