Unguarded

Lay came out of the room after tossing the shopping bags over the bed. He then led his feet to Remi's room.

"Before you go inside, we have decided something for both of you." Kris grabbed his wrist.

Lay shoved his hand away. "What?"

"You can have it tonight." Uee added.

"No way!!!! You guys must be kidding." Lay glared at both.

"When she'll get drunk, just get what you want." Kris grinned and thumbed up.

"Just don't worry. We are here with you. In case of any kind of complication, call this helpline." Uee laughed while pointing at her cellphone. "Now go and request her to come out and celebrate."

"Like its so easy." Lay rolled his eyes and knocked at the door.

"Idiot! She will never open it. Barge inside." Uee ordered.

Lay huffed as it was going to be his first and worst night. He opened the door and found Remi pulling out a cigarette. He walked to her swiftly and pulled back the packet along with the cigarette. She looked at him dumbfounded. He placed it over the small table and located his free hands over her shoulders.

"You can enjoy without me." She had a hint of disappointment in her voice.

He startled her with a sudden hug. Neither did she push him nor hugged him back."You're a friend and I don't abandon my friends." He retreated. "Why did you change? This oversized shirt irritates me sometimes."

She frowned.

"Ok fine... you look good in whatever you wear."

"That's a cheap line."

He pinched her cheeks.

"Whatever!" She rolled her eyes and moved towards the door.

"Remi..." Lay called her out and she stopped. He walked forward to her, standing behind her. "That was fine today, but don't dare calling me gay again, or I'll prove you how gay I am. And...." He leaned into her ear, tickling it with his hot breath. "You'll regret it."

She abruptly opened the door and left the room along with smiling Lay walking behind.

"Ah!!! Lay is back." Uee shouted as Remi came to the lounge with Lay following him.

"Unnie!!!!!!!!!" Remi whined. "Why is everything about Lay!!!!!!!"

"He's a celeb now." Uee gave a reason to shut Remi.

"Nooo!!!!!! He is not." She shouted. Suddenly, strong hands pressed her shoulders and made her sit down on her chair.

"What a gentlemanly way of shutting her up!" Uee scoffed while daring looks at Remi.

"Lets begin..." Kris came out of the kitchen with vine glasses filled with champagne.

Lay took seat opposite to Remi to look at her directly. He had his hormones on race, speeding up every second. He slightly closed his eyes and it was still Remi on his mind. He then re-opened his eyes and to his surprise, found Remi looking at him.

"Cheers..." Kris exclaimed.

Uee and Kris started some stupid conversation to make it less awkward. Remi kissed the glass rim and gulped down her first sip, gaze still held on his eyes, staring back at her. Her heart, her body, mind, skin, everything was restless. Lay bit his lower lip and the liquor got stuck in her wind pipe, causing her to cough repetitively. Kris and Uee halted their chatter and Lay left his seat running to Remi.