Set-Up Date

~Chapter Five~

Nathan

Addison had a fan-girl attack, and then squealed in delight. I swear, all women are part banshee.

"JAKE ATKINSON?!?!" She screamed, taking my shoulders and shaking me roughly. All I could do is nod. She squealed again and grabbed my head, pulling me in for a hug.

A hug for Addison is shoving the bridge of your nose to the tiny valley curve between her boobs. She always does it, and when someone calls her out on it, she doesn't know she was doing it. See? Oblivious. However, I'm used to these "hugs" and just sat there. I cleared my throat as a signal to let go. When she didn't, that's when I knew I had to speak.

"Adi. Your boobs are suffocating me. I'd rather not die right now," I muttered, but it was partly muffled. She stiffened and pulled away, keeping her hands on my shoulders. She smiled sweetly.

"Sorry... I'm excited for you! Your first crush!!!!" She giggled happily. "You don't love him just yet, you like him!" I glared at her. Did I really say love? 

"It's not my first crush," I murmured, looking down. Of course I was lying, but did Adi know? I heard her sigh softly.

"Stahp being a liar. I can see it on your face. He IS your first REAL crush!" Her words made my face redder, and I hid behind my hands. She laughed, then pulled back to sit where she had before I told her. I heard the small clicking sound of her typing on her iPhone. Damn, I was jealous of her.

I glanced at her from in between my fingers. She was smirking, and typing on her phone. She didn't look at me. I was officially scared.

"Adi...?" I called out softly, removing my hands from my face to look at her. She didn't reply. "Adi!" I whined louder, coming closer. She glanced at me.

"I'm telling Jake to get to a quiet place," she said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Why'd he have to do that?" I asked nervously. All she did was pull her phone to her mouth, resting her elbow on her leg. A ringing tone filled the silence, and the blood rushed to my cheeks.

"Are you calling him?!" I hissed, trying to grab her phone away from her. "You can't tell!!!!!" I whined. She snapped her fingers at me, instantly shutting me up.

"Hush. I won't tell him," she smirked evilly. "I will later." My mouth dropped. When I tried arguing, Jake picked up. I clamped my hands over my mouth and swallowed hard.

"Hey, Adi." His smooth, sweet voice said over the speaker. Adi smiled.

"Hey, Jake. Thanks for getting somewhere quiet," she laughed a bit, and Jake laughed lightly with her.

"Of course. What's up?" Adi smirked at me.

"I wanna know if you can come on a date... Tomorrow." My stomach dropped. It felt like I had jumped off the Eiffel Tower and free falling down. What is she doing?! He can't POSSIBLY want me! Jake had paused for a moment before speaking, breaking out of my small, internal freak out.