Bonus: Kyrie

Jake (about two years later)

Just eleven months ago, we finalized the adoption of one-year-old Kyrie. The surrogate direction didn't work, so we turned to adoption. It took forever, but it went faster than most. I have the job of being an elementary school administrator and getting a annual salary of about 123,230 dollars. Nathan was able to land a job as being an office assistant for Highmark Inc., and he can work from home for about five to six hours. He also gets weekends off, just like I do.

It's perfect, since we have a one and a half year old daughter. She'll never go to a daycare, and we're proud of that. Nathan especially loves working from home because he's always on a computer, just as I am, and we always chat during the day. He also loves having flexible hours. With both of us working, we always have enough money. We place almost every cent into our shared bank account, then during the summer when only Nathan is working, we tap into the savings.

Now, about Kyrie. We got the hint through my father, who knows a few packs of wolves in the U.S., and Kyrie's mother couldn't take being a single mother and just... Took her life. Kyrie was only a few months old at the time, and the Alpha female was the one to take care of her until we asked about her. The pack was happy that Kyrie would be going to such a good place, especially surrounded by a good pack. And for nearly a year, we spent all of our time trying to get Kyrie. 

And eleven months ago, we finally did it. We traveled down there to get Kyrie and bring her back to Alaska. Nathan was excited, having bought so many baby items he nearly filled the entire house. Almost instantly, Kyrie was attached to us. She was such an easy baby... She slept well, she ate well, and always wanted to be held by either Nathan or I.

After three o'clock, I logged off and began to lock up the attendance office of the elementary school. All the kids left about an hour ago, and teachers were beginning to pack up as well. I grabbed my keys and walked out past the main office and waved to my co-worker, Paula. 

"Have a good night, Paula." I smiled. She waved back, smiling.

"You too, Jake. Bring Kyrie in on Monday!" I laughed.

"I'll try," I told her before walking out to my car. I got inside and started the car, turning on the radio. I sent a message to Nathan, telling him I was on my way. After I got a response, I drove home. It began to snow as I pulled into our drive way. I parked next to Nathan's car and grabbed my jacket and bag, walking to the front door. As soon as I unlocked the door and popped it open, I heard a shriek from Kyrie. 

"DADA!" I heard small thumping as she waddle-ran to me. I laughed and dropped my stuff, kneeling down and holding out my arms to her.

"Baby girl!" I laughed and picked her up as soon as she got to me. I twirled her around before giving her a big hug. "I missed you so much!" Kyrie giggled and tried to hug me with her chubby arms. I kissed her cheek and walked through the living room, toward the office where Nathan was sitting and typing out a few things. "Hey, Natey," I smiled and gave his head a kiss. Nathan smiled up at me, sending out an e-mail. 

"Welcome home," he stood and gave me a hug, too. Kyrie touched Nathan's hair. 

"Num-num..." Kyrie looked up at me with her gorgeous brown eyes. 

"You want num-nums?" Nathan looked up at her. Kyrie smiled.

"Num-nums!" Nathan smiled and walked to the kitchen, Kyrie and I following behind. I put Kyrie in her high-chair before going into the kitchen with Nathan. I kissed his lips, rubbing his sides.

"Have you eaten today?" I whispered to him. Nathan smiled a bit at me. 

"I had a sandwich..."