Seeing A Movie... And Insecurities Come In

[~Slight trigger warning~]

 _____________________________________

~Chapter Seven~

Jake

Nathan was so shy.

He's just... So cute. His blue eyes can barely stay on me without his cheeks turning red. I gazed at him for a while.

"Nathan?" I called out softly. Nathan's head snapped up, his face red.

"Y-yeah..?" He stammered, his foot tapping the floor. SO. CUTE. I smiled comfortably.

"You're alright... I won't bite." At least not yet. Nathan smiled nervously a bit and nodded.

"R-Right... Sorry..." He ran his fingers through his blonde hair, glancing away again. I took a sip of my coffee, watching Nathan as he awkwardly drank his. I cleared my throat a bit, mostly to make sure my voice wouldn't crack.

"So, Nathan.. How old are you?" He looked young, but I doubt he's as young as fifteen. I saw Nathan swallow hard.

"S-Sixteen... M-my birthday is at th-the end of Ju-July, so I-I'm younger..." He spoke softly, glancing at me every other second. I smiled again.

"Oh, you're the baby," I laughed lightly, causing him to smile. "That's cool though. I'll be turning eighteen soon." Nathan glanced down at his coffee cup.

"Yeah... S-So... D-do you p-play any sp-sports?" He asked me. I shook my head, smiling.

"Nope. I tried, but..." I remembered how much better I was than everyone, being the werewolf that I am. "They didn't work out." Nathan nodded. "What about you?" I heard him scoff under his breath.

"M-my mom never had the m-money to let me do sports," he replied, spinning his coffee bean on the table. I nodded.

"Oh, well, are you wanting to do them?" He quickly shook his head. Oh.

"I-I'd be terrible... A-and I-I'm not very fit..." I saw pure sadness in his eyes. Did I say something wrong? I smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well, sports aren't that special anyway," I laughed a bit. Nathan looked up at me.

"Y-you think so..?" I nodded.

"Course. Sports are overrated, and too many people do them." I stretched a bit. "Hey, wanna go to a movie?" Nathan smiled a bit.

"R-really? I-I've only been in a theatre once..." He took another awkward sip of his tea. Adorable. I swear, I grinned the biggest I've ever done.