Scars in Addition

~Chapter Twenty-Six~

Jake

I woke up late at night to my phone ringing. I shakily picked it up, dry blood covering my forearm and hand. 

"Hello..?"

"Jake!" I paused. I almost didn't recognize the voice... It was Kegan, Addison's dad. 

"M-Mr. Quinn..." I murmured. He's never called me before. 

"Jake, where's Adi?" He sounded panicked. "She hasn't come home!" My eyes widened. Oh, no... Cayden. I cursed and began getting on my shoes. 

"It’s okay, Mr. Quinn! I'll go out and try looking for her!" 

"I already have seven co-workers out and they can't find her!!!"

"Keep calm, Mr. Quinn! You have to stay strong for Mrs. Quinn and the rest of your children!" I grabbed my keys and ran out. I got into my car and sped off. 

I needed to find Addison. 

I drove to the park, the last place I saw her, and looked around. And then, I saw her. She had crawled up the bank of the small lake and thrown up. The smell was awful... I got closer. 

Please, don't be dead...

I heard a wheeze as I knelt down beside her. I gasped and called 911. I told them where I was and a friend had nearly drowned... 

Within minutes, paramedics got to the scene and started putting Addison on oxygen. I got into the ambulance with her and held her hand. She was freezing to the touch... I called Kegan and told him to meet us at the hospital. 

Kegan always plays the tough dad role, like my dad... And I was taken back when he started crying. I hung up and looked at a paramedic. 

"Will she be okay..?" I whispered. The female paramedic nodded and kept giving Adi oxygen. 

"She's alive, but breathing is difficult..."

"Do you know how she drowned?" I looked at Adi. I needed to know if Cayden had done it... If it was him, I would be the one to tear him to pieces... First Jessica, then Addison... And hopefully not Natey.. The lady shook her head. 

"Once she is recovered, we can ask... I am unable to tell how at the moment." She wrapped Adi in silvery blankets and kept rubbing her chest. 

Once at the hospital, Kegan was waiting for us. He never left Adi's side, along with me. Nathan would want me to stay by her side...