Talk With Kellyn and Cayden Picks Another Target

~Chapter Thirteen~

Nathan

                After my mom had gotten home last night, I told her what had happened at school...

                But I never told her about what I did to myself. I knew it'd hurt her too much. 

                She told me that she'd get me all my schoolwork for the week, so if I wanted, I could take off another week. It seemed like a good idea... But Jake still had to go to school.

                Ever since last night, I couldn’t stop thinking about Jake... He was always on my mind... The way he had held me.. Gave me my first hickey. My mom either hasn't noticed it, or doesn't want to ask. It doesn't hurt, but as always, it's sensitive.

                My mom had to work all day again today, so I was going to be alone until she got home. I didn't mind it. I get to shower with the door open, leave the seat up, and even walk around in my underwear! I'm free!

                I got up from my bed, throwing off my covers. I glanced at my clock and smiled a bit. 7:18. I have until six until my mom comes home. I'm not sure if Jake will be coming after school... But I would love if he did. Shuffling to the bathroom, I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I didn't know what to have for breakfast, but my stomach growled loudly. It was talking to me...

                "I'm sorry, Mr. Tummy. Are you hungry?"

                "Yes! Go get me some breakfast!" I said, making my voice deeper.

                "Okay, Mr. Tummy. I will." And I walked out, going into the kitchen. There was the usual cereal and toast, but that didn't sound good. I kept looking around, and found pancake mix. If I make pancakes, I can freeze them and have them tomorrow or some other morning. My mommy taught me that. I decided to do just that, and began to make pancakes.

                I was softly singing the song Jake recorded onto my teddy bear, doing a small dance as I flipped pancakes. I shrieked when there was a loud bang on the door. A pancake fell from my spatula and landed on the floor. I whined loudly, causing the front door to open. I heard heels clicking, and a lot of rustling. I picked up the pancake and held it, then looked up.

                Kellyn saw me, and squealed. "BABY BROTHER!!!!!" She ran at me and hugged me tightly. I smiled happily and held onto her, pancake still in hand. I haven't seen my sister in forever. Kellyn kissed my forehead and ruffled my hair. "Mom told me to come visit you... She told me about school, too," she took the pancake and put it in the trash. I paused.

                "Oh, she did...?"

                "Yeah..." She took the spatula from me and began flipping and finishing up the last of the pancakes. I looked down.

                "Oh..."

                "But, don't beat yourself up, okay?" She offered a small smile to me. "People are so cruel, but you can't let their words get to you... I know it hurts.. It hurts like hell, Nathan, I'd be lying if I sugar coated it..." All I could do is nod. Kellyn had a rough time in high school too...