Chapter 1

It’s been five months now that I have been back to Germany but I didn’t regret that step in the slightest. It was so good to be home although things had changed quite a bit.

When Jordan and I arrived at the flat that I used to share with Jules I had been so incredibly nervous. I was afraid of what I might find: That Jules hated me, all my stuff gone, her having a new roommate. But Jordan had smiled encouragingly and carried my luggage upstairs. But he hadn’t stopped on the fourth floor where Jules and I used to live, no. He had climbed two floors higher. He had explained that the two families in those flats on this floor had moved just a month after my leaving. So Jules, Leo and he had decided to move in together. They had combined the two flats by breaking down a wall and now there was a huge loft-kinda flat on the top floor of that house. I had been shocked to say the least but he had assured me that they had thought of me and given me a room. Before I had been able to ask any more questions he had opened the door and let us in.

When the girls spotted us their reaction was priceless. Their jaws were down at the floor and their eyes almost popped out of their heads. I chuckled but soon stopped remembering what I had put them through. So I had just opened my arms and it took them only two seconds to come running and hugging me tight.

Jules and I were cool from the first moment on. My friendship with Leo though … well it took us a while since we were back on track. Even after almost half a year she still had some trust issues towards me but when Jules and Jordan were around everything was quite normal between us. Unfortunately I had to hear that Max had moved away from Munich. After he had finished his studies he had moved to his girlfriend to Berlin. Besides he couldn’t handle Leo’s moodiness anymore. It broke my heart to see that our group wasn’t the same anymore but nevertheless I was glad to be back home.

Of course I had told them the whole story; why I had left like this, what I had experienced in L.A. and all that stuff. Leo had punched me hard for being friends with Avenged Sevenfold, her favorite band of all times, and when I had mentioned a short relationship with Mr Synyster Gates himself she nearly fainted. But she was happy for me and wanted to thank him for bringing back her best friend. Her saying that had scared me a bit to tell her the ending of this beautiful story but Jordan had shot me a look that reminded me of our conversation on the plane. I had promised him to be honest with all of them about anything and everything in the future so I had told them about the way it ended. Jules couldn’t believe it and called him names, it was actually funny. Leo was shocked too but to my surprise she was still grateful. His bad choices had brought me back to her, was what she had said. And she was right, but only on that part.

For the sake of the wonderful moments I had shared with Avenged and my sweet little Pinkly I had kept everything that reminded me of Brian. As promised I had held on to the love I felt for him but along to that love came the pain of what he did to me. It hurt seeing his face in pictures and hearing his voice and guitar playing, not just emotionally. I missed him so much, my body was aching for him. Whenever I laid in bed at night trying to take the edge off even just a little bit his face popped into my head and the memory of his hands and tongue teasing me and taking me to heaven made it even worse.

Jules and Leo had tried to set me up with some guys. They pushed me to go out and hook up with anyone just to get Brian out of my head but I just couldn’t. I had never been someone to jump into one-night-stands. Love and sex was the same thing for me; both needed each other to exist. And with my heart belonging to this ridiculously hot rockstar I felt bad whenever I talked to a handsome guy in a flirty way. I had actually thought that having hundreds of miles between us would make things better but that wasn’t the case at all.

Since Leo was such a huge fan of Avenged Sevenfold we all got updated on any news nearly every day. Call her insensitive but I let her. It wasn’t her fault that the man that had stolen and broken my heart was in that band and I had assured her that it was unnecessary to disregard her love for them just because of me. I didn’t want that and so I endured her worship. Besides I had another severe problem to solve anyway.