Chapter 8

“You’re here!!!!!” Ben squealed again. Two hours in and he was still hyper and happy but he also couldn’t really believe that it was true. He kept on hugging me tightly every once in a while saying he was happy to have me back.

“You do know she’s my girl, right?” Brian chuckled handing me a soda since I was going to drive us home so he could drink with his friends.

“Dude, don’t be so fucking selfish.” Ben punched his shoulder lightly making me laugh.

“Yeah, I’m everybody’s bitch.” I laughed and patted Brian’s cheek. “But I’m madly in love with only you.” I said lovingly and kissed him under the whistling of the guys. When I pulled back I couldn’t help but smile at everyone.

It was wonderful. If I had any doubts or fears to move to Southern California they were erased by just looking at the bright smile of my girls. Especially Val. She even wiped a few tears off her cheeks which made me start to well up and which again made her eyes watery and so on. In the end Matt had brought us a huge pack of tissues making us laugh at our girly behavior. Lacey and Kim were there as well as Dan and the Berry-brothers. Basically our whole family; thank God the Sanders’ house was big enough.

Suddenly I felt something cold and wet touching my arms. A little taken by surprise I turned to check what it was when I found little River holding out his stuffed dog in his hand, half of it drenched with apple juice.

“Aw hey there little guy.” I smiled and when he held out his arms I picked him up and placed him on my lap.

“He missed you.” Val, who was sitting next to me, smiled and fixed his shoe laces.

“He barely saw me, sweetie.” I told her and focused back on her son. “You are so big. Aww yeah that’s a dog. Like uncle Brian’s.” River smiled brightly and pushed the sticky stuffed animal in my face. “Kissykissy.” I said in my baby voice kissing his cheek.

“But he still remembered you. Brian was over quite a lot after you had left and he talked to River about you and showed him pictures, every single time.” Val squeezed my forearm. “You’re his auntie now.” I looked at her with watery but happy eyes. With a bright smile we hugged.

“You two just made my day, honey. Thank you so much.”

“No, I thank you … for coming back.” She smiled but it turned into a smirk. “Besides we need a baby sitter. All the other girls are working like me so you are the only one to do the job right now.”

“Oh now thank you very much.” I laughed.

“You gonna do it?”

“Do I have a choice?” Her puppy eyes were too cute. “Of course I’ll do it, silly. He is such a charming young fella, right? Yeah you are.” I grinned as he giggled.

“Thank you so much. I’m gonna tell Matt … and put this one into the washing machine.” Val chuckled pickung up the stuffed dog and kissed the top of her son’s head before she left me alone with him. I loved this little sunshine. River was perfect in every way but what can you expect with parents like his? He played with my necklace as I watched his cute little face.

“Now that is a view I really like.” I looked up from perfect little River and smiled at Brian’s gorgeous face as he approached us. He kissed my forehead and pinched River’s cheek before placing his hands on my shoulders. His thumbs drew small circles on them.

“I have been gone for not half a year and he is already so big. I missed out on everything … hm? Little guy?” I ran my hand through his hair.

“Not really.” Brian smiled and crouched down next to us. “I knew how much you loved him so I filmed everything he did. I have tons of footage on my laptop. We can watch it when we are home or tomorrow.”