Chapter 2 - Here's Johnny!

I burst through the door of our apartment like a villain in a scary movie. My bestie, and roomie #1, Paisley nearly jumped out of her skin. Well, actually, she dropped her fork back into her Chalet sauce.

"Evynn, what the hell?"

"Didn't mean to interrupt your ritual Friday night quarter chicken dinner but I need a girl chat. STAT! And maybe a stiff drink."

"Holy shit! What happened? I haven't seen you this agitated since the kick off of the Bachelorette. And for God's sake stop pacing. You look like a PacMan ghost on crack!"

I wiped my palms on my cut-off jean shorts. When did they get sweaty? I need to get myself together. I took a couple of deep breaths.

"I'm waiting," Paisley said with a smirk.

"God. So my day was shit. But I can't even deal with that right now because I think I just ran in to sex personified."

Paisley choked and coughed, spitting out some of her cider in the process.

"What? Where? Really? 'Bout time. I've been seriously wondering when you were going to let the sun shine onto the cobwebs between your legs".

I glared back at her.

"Hey! My crotch spider Rowena does good work. I mean, she's no Charlotte, but we've become attached."

"Good thing you're not bound for the slaughter house," she replied sarcastically. "Now, will you please get on with the story."

I settled down on the chair opposite her, took a sip of her drink, paused, then chugged the rest.

"Ok. Like I said, work was shit. The Ross' have to reduce my hours."

"Damn..." said Paisley, eyeing her empty can.

"Don't interrupt or I'll never make it through this."

Paisley gestured for me to continue, stepping up towards to fridge to grab us both fresh tallboys. I quickly opened mine, taking another long sip.

"I was in a mood when I hit the subway. It was bad. I think my face might have even rivaled Zanta's in the throes of push-ups. Somewhere between Spadina and Bathurst, I got this feeling that someone was looking at me. Like any normal person, I checked my face in the reflection of the window. When I didn't see any glaring issues, I turned around. Then I saw him".

I hear Paisley quickly draw in a breath. "Go on," she urged.

"He was sitting almost kitty-corner to me. Skinny jeans, tight but not too tight. And Vans, not stupid-ass shoes, because we all know the shoes matter...Vintage AC/DC shirt, sleeves cut off, exposing some super tatted up arms. I don't even remember what they were of, just that they were visible..."

"Um, Evynn, you're rambling."

"Oh, yeah, right. Sorry." I paused.

"What?"

"His eyes, Paise," I sighed. "Amazing. Blue. Full of life. Almost hidden under his messy hair that was barely contained in his perfectly worn in beanie. And they were looking at me. Staring right at me. He was smirking but in a super sexy way. He seemed to be saying I-want-to-take-you-home-and-fuck-you-hard and I-would-be-the-most-fun-date-ever all at the same time. I nearly shit my pants. Well, actually, I nearly wet myself, and I don't mean from peeing."

Paisley glared at me. "Yeah, got that. Why didn't you jump him right then and there? Other than the obvious reasons, of course."

I thought for a moment.

"I don't know. I choked," I replied. "Not that it matters now, because he got off at Christie station and I'm sure I'll never see him again."

"Hot damn," said Paisley. "That sucks."

Then suddenly her expression changed and she began to smile broadly from ear to ear. My stomach flip-flopped because I knew that face all too well. It's the same look that convinced me to take a double whiskey shot at the end of our last night out. When I begged for a chaser, she handed me a glass of what I thought was water but it turned out to be tequila. The night got really rough after that. Judging by how things were going, I had a sneaking suspicion that this was going to be another rocky evening.

"I have two words for you, Ev," she said, still grinning mischievously, "Missed connections".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you like the story so far. I am having a blast, and love setting this story in my hometown.

Vote, comment, share. Follow me on Twitter.

Xo,
Jane