Chapter 36 - Mercury Rising

I try to stem back the tears as I rest my chin against Lou's shoulder.  How did he know?  The Luckiest is one of my favourite songs.  I plan on having it at my future wedding.  It's such an amazing description of love and not being able to live without someone without sounding cheesy or stupid.  Somewhere between the moving notes and lyrics, and the sound of Louis' voice and I became a blubbering mess. 

I was worried Lou would think I'm a total shithead.  First fangirling, then crying.  What am I like?  But instead, he just enveloped me in his arms, holding me tight until the tears were stemmed.  I rest my chin in the little divot just above his collar bone, and he kisses the top of my head.  I am happy to sit in silence with him.  I feel so safe.

"Louis!  Playing your panty dropping songs for Evynn are we?" says Harry loudly as he strolls casually in to the room.  "I heard Mr. Brightside, and we all know what that does to crowds of girls..."  He trails off abruptly as he sees Louis and I embracing.

"Sorry.  I didn't mean to interrupt."

"You're not!" I respond quickly, rubbing my cheeks hastily.  "Come on in an join the jam session."

"Yeah?" inquires Harry, looking at Louis for guidance.

Louis glances at me, his blue eyes still reflecting concern.  I smile brightly and nod.  Feeling reassured, Louis turns back to Harry and says "Yeah, Hazza.  Join us.  Might be fun to give this gal a private concert."

"Omigod!  Omigod!" I say doing my best fangirl impression.  "I am going to die!  The Louis Tomlinson has just serenaded me, and now I get to hear the Harry..."

"Styles.  The Harry Styles, love," says Harry with a grin, pursing his lips slightly.

"Are you sure you can handle it?" jumps in Louis.  "We've been told we're a pretty amazing combination."

"Yeah," says Harry. "People really love us together."

"Oh yeah?" I respond.  "Are your duets that good?"

"It's not our duets that people get most excited about," Harry jokes.

Louis gives Harry a glare, but Harry ignores it and starts laughing loudly. 

"Lighten up Lou.  I'm pretty sure Evynn isn't jumping aboard the Larry ship any time soon"

"Larry ship?"

"Yeah, it's our relationship name," Harry explains.  "For whatever reason, people believe that Louis and I are secretly in love."

"It's fucking bullshit it what it is!" exclaims Louis.

"Calm your tits, Lou," says Harry.  "It's nothing serious."

"Yeah, but it just drives me crazy.  I'm not gay, and never have been."

"You don't have to prove anything to me, baby," I say, trying to calm Louis down.  "I happen to have some very reliable inside knowledge to prove it."  I pinch his nipples through his shirt, and he squirms trying to get away from me.

Harry sticks his fingers in his ears and starts humming loudly.   He looks so hilarious with his eyes squeezed, acting like a three year old that I can't help laughing out loud.  Pretty soon, Louis' tension eases and he starts to chuckle along with me.

"Haz!  Hazza!" Louis yells.

Harry is still doing his best to ignore us.

"Harry!" we yell in unison.

"Are you done canoodling?" Harry says, slowly opening his eyes and blinking in our direction. "I am far to young and innocent to be witnessing such things."