Chapter 54 - No Such Thing As Cool Beans

Slipping the waist band of my jammie shorts into place with an emphatic snap, I flash another grin in Louis' direction.  He looks like a kitten that just lapped up a bowel of cream.  Yeah, you did.  My kegels tense in appreciation.  Cream, get on top...I sing to myself.  Cream, don't you stop...

"Wotcha humming, luv?"

"That was aloud?"

"Definitely.  Sounds like a sexy little jam."

"I should be, it's Prince."  I wiggle my ass a little.  " I was feeling inspired."

"Yeah?  You like a shorter man with styled hair who does good work with his hands?" Louis replies with an equally salacious tone.

"Always," I reply. 

"Good," Louis says, coming closer. "Because...I just want your extra time and your...KISS," he sings before laying several sloppy kisses all over my neck.  I start to giggle loudly, and Louis continues the onslaught, tickling my sides until I am writhing in his arms again.

"You're the goofiest!" I exclaim. 

"Only with friends," he replies.

"Oh, so we're friends are we?" I retort, trying to come across teasingly.  My tummy clenches a little.

"Definitely," Louis replies.  He kisses me softly on the lips.  "But most of my friends don't let me fuck them against the counter.  So, perhaps we are something more too."

"Oh, good," I say breathily as I tease my lips against his. "Cause I know you're going to want to take me home to meet your momma."

Louis tenses in my arms.  Hoping I imagined it, I pepper a few light kisses against his jaw.  But the muscles feel taught and strained.  Ignoring my gut again, I move to his lips.  He jerks his head slightly and my lips land on his stubble instead.  Feeling a little panicky, I step back and glance at Louis.  He has a strange expression on his face, and he takes a step back as well.  Running one hand through his bed head, he drops his eyes to the floor.

"I have to wee," he says and bolts for the bathroom.

Fuck.  I feel like I am going to throw up. 

Hoping to hold down some dry heaves, I stumble over to the counter and find my abandoned coffee cup.  I take a swig of the dark liquid, but it churns in my mouth.  The Bailey's!  Finding the bottle,  I add a large dollop and watch as it swirls into the depths of my cup.  It makes a small impression, but the contents remain too dark.  I add another tipple.  Fuck it.  I take a whole swig from the bottle. 

"Little early for grandmother drinks, innit?" Louis says from behind me. 

What a time for the Louis-dar to go on the fritz!

I nearly drop Bailey's and fumble it instead.  A large splash of alcohol hits my front, but I catch the bottle by the neck before it hits the floor and manage to plunk it down on the counter.

"Shit!" I exclaim.  Tears prick my eyes.  I feel like total schmuck right now.  "Dammit!"

"It's ok, luv.  It's just a little spill."

"No," I say, maybe a little too loudly. "It's not that."

Louis eyebrows spring up as if they are being manipulated by an imaginary puppeteer.  He regards me with a cautious expression, as if trying to gauge what is coming next.   And how does he appear so calm right now?  Two seconds ago I could swear he was freaking out, at least a little.  Did I imagine it?

"It was a joke, Lou.  A fucking joke."

"What was?"

"The bit about your mother," I reply.  "Just a fucking joke.  Don't wig out.  Please, this trip is supposed to be special and now I've gone and been a shit...again...presuming things I shouldn't.  No worries, babe, I'm good, good with whatever we are."  I point openly between the both of us, fake confidence with a lame drawl, and start to pace back and forth.  I grab the sponge from the sink and start wiping wildly at my shirt to get it clean.