Chapter 7- Office Encounter 1

Rebecca's POV

I grabbed the glass of milk from the fridge and took it down in one go. Gosh, I felt so thirsty, just then I heard the door slowly opening. I saw that it was Andrew in the dark and he was tiptoeing.

I scrunched my face up, that was pretty weird. Why would Andrew be sneaking in? I allowed him to pass because clearly he was oblivious to the fact that I was watching him. He was just about to take the stairs when....

"Andrew?", I called softly, laughter evident in my voice. He stood shocked before he turned around.

"Becca, what are you doing up so late?", he asked bewildered.

"I came to get a glass of milk, honey", I smiled stepping up to him and taking his jacket. He looked at me surprised when I ran my fingers across the expanse of his chest, smirking cutely at him.

He gently pulled away my hand from him. On seeing my pout, he kissed my lips softly. "I'm sorry babe but not tonight, I'm really exhausted", he said apologetically before turning away.

Is it me or does Andrews lips smell like Jordanna lipstick? I chuckled at the thought. I guess it's me. Wiping the thought from my mind I went upstairs to sleep as well.

The next morning I got up early, to find our bed vacant of the other proprietor. I frowned at the fact knowing that he had an early morning meeting today at the office. I quickly went to the bathroom to freshen up. After freshening up I prepared breakfast and got the kids ready for school as per my daily routine.

After driving back from their schools I rushed inside and dialled up Andrews mom number to get her black forest recipe.

Ring. "Hello", Mrs. Staunton answered.

"Mrs. Staunton it's Rebecca, how are you?", I asked. I could feel her roll her eyes, I made a low chuckle.

"Rebecca....how many times do I have to tell you, call me Beverley or mom. Its been six years since you became my daughter in law and you insist on calling me formally", she fumed.

"I'm sorry mom, I forget sometimes", I apologized.

"OK, so what's the problem honey?", she asked.

"I just want your special black forest recipe. I lost it again, I want to make it for Andrew.", I declared.

"Oh very well, I'll send it to you through SMS yeah". Oh and how is Lizzy and Drew?", she asked.

"There fine, just misses their dad sometimes", I sighed.

She sighed as well. "That Andrew, I have warned him so many times to cut his work schedule, but he's adamant. Oh well at least they'll see him on weekends, right?", she asked.

"Maybe......OK bye gotta get to this baking, oh and tell dad I said hi."

"Yeah bye honey", Beverley cut the call.

The message was sent 5 minutes later. I smiled and fetch the ingredients and started following the instructions to bake the cake. I placed it in the oven and went to finish reading my story on the couch.

A thought flew into my mind. I think I should wear the dress Andrew bought me for my birthday. It was a pretty floral, knee-length summer dress with a heart shaped neckline.

I took the cake out of the oven viewing my handy work and was pretty pleased with myself. I applied the icing to it and it was perfection. I only hoped it tased as good as it looked. I placed it into the refrigerator to cool and went to take another shower, being all messy.

I tied my hair in a neat bun, and applied light makeup to compliment the dress. I stepped in my Apple Bottom wedges and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was stunned with my appearance.

I grabbed my car keys and went downstairs, grabbing the cake and shutting the house door behind me. I placed the cake in the front seat beside me and started the car, putting on my favorite song on the radio.

I chuckled at myself in the rear mirror. Andrew will be so shocked to see me at his office after so long. The reaction on his face will be priceless, I smiled.

Watch out for Office Encounter 2. Will Rebecca see Andrew and Claire together? or will everything go as planned for Becca?........plz like, vote and comment your views and suggestions. They are really appreciated💞💖🌟. BTW, Becca's cake is at the top.