Chapter 31- Down Memory Lane

This chapter contains certain imagery, performance and language that are intended for MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY. 18+

Andrews POV

Never in a million years have I thought my life would come to this. Working tirelessly until pass sun down, having cold chinese takeouts, late night pointless drinking with Joi, watching stupid rom-coms and then coming back to an empty house, without my children and an empty bed without my beautiful wife.

I missed my old life, missed it so much. Missed having my kids call me daddy all the time, having them playing around the house in the little times that I was actually home.

Missed having Becca kiss me when I would reach home. Her warm smile to greet me at the door after a long days work, the smell of her cooking and the way her body would wrap around me and fit mine perfectly when we made love. I missed her shyness and her blushing at me when I whisper dirty words to her.

Life has been dull for me ever since Becca left me, and as much as I would like to blame the world and fix it like I've always done. There was no getting over the fact that it was my fault. I caused this and no matter how much money I had, it could not help me this time.

The only semblance of normalcy I'd gotten since she left was over the weekend. I had bonded with Liz, and Drew had came home with me. We talked about the most random things and played videos games and it was the best two days of my newly aquired shitty life.

I'd almost never wanted it to end when I dropped him off to school this morning, knowing that Becca would pick him up in the evening and I'd have to return to my dreadful cycle.

As much as I wanted to tell Drew to ask Becca if he could stay another night, I decided against it. I saw how sad she looked at the game when Drew asked to come with me and I didn't want to hurt her more. I've caused her too much pain already. I'm just glad she's actually allowing them to see me and spend time with me.

I leaned back in my office chair and loosened my too tight tie. Tapping Rebecca's inbox on my phone, my thumbs twiddle to write a new message. I have become a fucking stalker.

Keeping tabs on her by asking Joi to inquire with Heather if she was okay, calling her without her picking up, checking her bank account to see if she had started using from the large amount of monthly deposits I'd made to it, unfortunately she hadn't. I could not forget her calling it charity and how low I felt.

Now I had resorted to texting ten times daily. It will probably go unanswered as all of them I've sent since she left me. Except for when she agreed to go to dinner with me. I had felt so positive that maybe I'd get her in agreeing to give me another chance, just to have her shatter me completely when she made it clear she wanted nothing to do with me anymore.

That's because you cheated on her and destroyed her trust, idiot.

I let out a harsh breath.

But that didn't stop me from attempting. Maybe one day she will answer me, even if it is just to tell me off to stop texting her. I'd just be grateful for a reply.

Hi Becca. I just wanted to know if everything is alright with you? That's a stupid question to ask, I'm sorry for everything. I miss us, please give me another chance. I love you.

I press send before I can decide against it and realize how fucking pathetic I sounded. Shit. I held my head in my hands. It's pounding like hell.

Where were you when I just needed a shoulder to lean on Andrew, a husband I could share my day with?