Chapter 29 - The Big Game

Rebecca's POV

"Would you mind sharing what you said to him?", Thomas asked me with his pen near his lips.

I sighed.

"I told him I wanted a divorce. That I don't want our relationship anymore."

"Are you sure that's what you want to do? I mean situations like these are common in marital relationships."

"No, I'm not sure.....but isn't it that, the women who tolerate cheating in the first place make them become common? I mean think about it, if everyone left the person who cheated on them the first time, then men would have had to learn from their mistakes and would not be so willing to repeat their actions, right?", he nods and I continue. "I  do know that I feel more free when I'm separated from him."

"I can only agree with your methods Rebecca. I must say that I'm proud of how far you've come and how much you have improved."

"I couldn't have done it without the help of your sessions. Thank you."

"Well I'm delighted. Would you like some coffee, since this is our first early morning session?"

"Yes, thanks. I had to come early today because I have to attend my son's game at five."

"Oh really, what sport?"

"Soccer"

"The best one, I'll be right back", he smiles and leaves.

My phone vibrates in my bag. It's a call from dad. I answer.

"Hey dad"

"Hi sweetheart, Drew says he wants to talk to you"

"Oh okay"

"Hey mom", his small voice is hesitant.

"Hi buddy, what's wrong?", I sit up.

"Dad will make it today, right?"

My heart felt heavy, and I suddenly felt despair for my baby.

"Sweetheart, I told him about your game and he said he would make it. I think he will come."

"I really want him to see me play."

"Me too baby, but don't worry about that. Stay focused on your game. Have you and grandpa arrived at your practice yet?"

"Yes, we're here, I'm getting warmed up."

"Okay great, Lizzy and I will come later and on time."

"And Dad?"

"Yes, he will probably come after his work.", I say with as much conviction as I can muster. Even though I
could never have been more unsure in all my life.

"Love you sweetheart, and you'll do great later."

"Love you too mom", I can sense his smile.

"Bye", I hang up.

I have no idea if Andrew would come or not, but for Drew's sake I hope he does.

"Here's your coffee", Dr.Thomas said from behind me. I stood up taking it from him.

"Thank you", I say, taking a cautious sip of the hot content.

"Your most welcome. Oh, before I forget, how was the interview?"

"I was waiting for the right time to tell you....I got the job!", I found myself instinctively hugging him with my free hand.

"That's amazing Rebecca, I knew you would get it", he embraces me, grinning.