Chapter 9- Lies

Rebecca's POV

The drive to Andrews office was a rather long one due to the damn Hampton traffic on Wednesday mornings. I tapped my feet impatiently on the floor board of my car.

As if God answered my prayers quickly the traffic was beginning to move, slowly but surely. I smiled in glee. I don't know but I was very excited in surprising Andrew. I finally pulled up in the drive way of the industry, stopping at the main gate.

"Morning Max, how are ya?", I asked the security guard at the gate. Max was the first security guard we got when first establishing the industry. He has been with us from the beginning, showing us ways to improve the business. Now he was in his late forties.

Max took off his sunglasses, and looked on in shock. " Mrs. Staunton?, long time no see....what brings you here?"

I frowned, "Really Max, why so formal?". He giggled.

"I was just irritating you Rebecca, you know me....how's the kids?", he asked smiling.

"There okay, off to school at this time......umm I came to surprise Andrew, please don't tell him I'm coming up", I pleaded Max.

"Your secrets' safe with me, have a nice day", he grinned.

"You too", I told him and drove through the main gate. I parked my car in the 'Reserved' parking space. Andrew had made it clear to employees in the first month of opening that only family members should use those four spaces.

I couldn't help but notice that an unfamiliar car was parked their, with  it's licence plate written 'CLAIRE4L'. But I couldn't understand who that was, putting it at the back of my head, I walked through the front door of Staunton Stocks Ltd. I went straight to the receptionist desk, Ms. Evans.

We greeted each other and she told me that Andrew was in his cabin. I rushed up the stairs and fixed my hair at the door. I deliberated on if I should knock or not, and then told myself it was a surprise, so I slowly opened the door with one hand and the cake in the other.

I stood there in utter shock, and my heart fell to the ground. There I saw my husband hugging another woman tightly. I couldn't make out who the woman was from behind, but she was gripping his tie.

"Andrew?", I whispered, and I was shocked that I could even speak at that moment.

I saw his back tensed up and go rigid immediately. He slowly came out of the woman's embrace and turned              towards me.

It was then I realized that it was the woman that came to our house the other day. She was Andrew's P.A, but I couldn't remember her name. I saw her eyes looking straight to the floor.

"Bec...Bec......Becca look...", I couldn't hear a word he was saying. Shock, anger, hurt and disapproval all overtook me at once. I felt tears beginning to stain my eyes.

I looked down and saw that the cake had fell on the ground. I couldn't take anymore as the fact dawned up on me.

I spun around quickly and darted through the door, I could hear Andrew calling after me and I'm sure I heard footsteps.

Andrews POV

Shit, Shit Shit!!. My mind keep repeating. I looked up and saw that Becca was crying and the cake fell out of her hands.

I was going to say something when I saw her dashed through the door, fear overtook my body. I ran after her. The staff in the office was looking on confused, I did not care at that moment.

My kids and family flashed before my eyes. NO, I had to do something, to rectify this problem. I didn't want anything or anyone to destroy my kids future.

I pushed through the main gate and saw that Becca was already reversing her car.
"Becca! Rebecca stop!", I shouted. The main gates opened as she drove furiously pass a more confused Max.

I ran to my vehicle and drove home, I knew that the kids, won't be there until evening, so I got a good time to speak to her.

As I pulled up in the driveway, I saw that Becca's car was parked in the middle. I came out of my car and dashed through the front door anxiously.

I froze on spot. Becca was curled up in a ball shaking weirdly. I darted towards her, clutching her shoulders. She pushed me off aggressively and stood up.

"Becca look its not what you think", I pleaded her.

"Then why were you so close to another woman", she whispered deadly.

I tried to come up with something fast before she slipped away.
"She is my PA Becca.....her dad died this morning, I was just comforting her, that's all", I said with as much conviction that I could muster.

I saw Becca's eyes go from sorrow to apologetic. "I'm....I'm so..... so sorry Andrew, I never meant to", Becca said on the verge of tears.

I sighed with relief and hugged her tightly.  "Its not your fault, I would've done the same thing", I told her kissing her forehead.

She looked up at me. "Andrew, you better not cheat on me ever, or I'll kill myself", she said seriously.

"Becca!, what are you saying?..... then who will take care of the kids?", I asked her shocked.

"You would've have thought about that before committing the crime right", she smirked, bringing her lips to mine in a passionate kiss.

Then pulled away. "Andrew the only reason why I would kill myself is if you were telling me lies all along", she stared me right in the eyes.

At that moment I felt really guilty, knowing that I have been filling her with pure lies.

Okay lovelies, that's an update within two days for me responsive readers. Sorry Becca didn't find out about Andrew, but I need Andrew to go down the hard way......so I'm relenting a bit. Thanks to those who told me Congrats and thanks to the readers voting and commenting on each chapter, I'm really grateful💞😘.......Vote and comment on this chapter, I really want to know what you think.💖

Oh and next chapter on a good response.💕