Chapter 26-"Call me Weak"

COPYRIGHT ACT 2016©

Rebecca's POV

"All ready to go?", dad said looking at me curiously.

Heather had helped me to get under the hospital shower in my room. I had gasped at the first sight of the room, there were only two bathrooms made in such a prestigious manner in the whole Hospital, and of course Andrew had to get me one.

He could be so smart and caring with regards to his money and the finer things in life, but when it came to his family and children he goes right ahead with having an affair for God knows how long.

I unconsciously wiped a stray tear from my face, startling myself in the process when I realized I was crying. Again. I quickly wiped my face before anyone could see. I didn't want anyone's pity anymore because it only reminded me of my personal failures.

Oh, like paying your husband more attention so he wouldn't have had to sleep with another woman in the first place? My subconscious snarled at me.

"Becca?", dad asked looking at me sympathetically.

"Yes dad, I'm ready"

"Becca I'll come too.", Heather suggested.

"No Heather, you should go home with Joi, I'll be fine."

"Are you sure? I have nothing to do all day."

"Yeah I'm good now, you need to be with your husband. Thanks for your help today.", I reassured her.

"Alright, text me as soon as you get some sleep okay?"

I nodded as she hugged me and left.

The drive home was dauntingly silent, with dad asking me occasionally if I was fine and me staring out the window trying to hide my tear stricken face from him.

Soon we arrived home, my former home. I sighed remembering this place that held so many memories for me in my childhood as dad tried to lift me in the wheelchair. I hissed as he placed me down.

"Honey, I'm so sorry. Are you hurt?"

"No, only my hands feel a little tight"

Dad pushed the wheelchair to the door using his spare key to unlock it.
He pushed me through the hallway and into the living room. There I saw mom and the kids sitting on the couch watching TV.

Drew's focus turned from the TV to dead on staring at me. His little face held shock and something darker that I could not place a finger on.

"Mom?", he questioned, effectively turning my mother and Lizzy's attention to me.

They both got up and Lizzy sprinted towards me.

"Mommy, I've missed you. You were gone for one whole day.", Lizzy squealed hugging me tight around my neck. Too tight.

I hissed in pain.

"Oh no Liz, be careful with mommy, she's not feeling well.", Mom said looking at me with tears in her eyes.

Lizzy looked at my face intently, registering the bandages on my forehead. Then she looked down at the wheelchair.

"Mom what happened? Why are you in this chair? And what happened to your head and arms?"

I could feel my eyes quickly filling with tears at Lizzy's questions and I looked to dad for help.

He stared at me for a while before nodding.

"Lizzy, your mom needs some rest. She's very tired, you can ask her questions when she gets up okay?", dad said softly but firm.

"Okay grand-dad", Lizzy hugged me before turning upstairs.