Chapter 1:

"Father please don't leave me! You're the only one I have." Scarlet cried to her father, who sickly lay on his bed.

"My dear Scarlet." Her father weakly spoke, wiping her tears.

"My time is running out. I have ruled this kingdom for centuries, now it's your turn." He softly said.

"B-but I-" she cut her words with a sob.

"Shush child. You have grown into a fine lady and I know that you'll be the greatest ruler among them- *cough cough*" The Vampire King didn't finish his words when a fit of cough cut him.

"Father? Servants call the healers immediately!" Scarlet anxiously called out.

"Father please stay strong! They will heal you." she sobbed.

"Promise me you'll be the greatest ruler your Mother and I have dreamed of."

Her Father coughed uncontrollably. Scarlet didn't know what to do but stand there and watch her Father's life slowly runs out.

The doors bursted open and the healers rushed in.

"Princess you must go outside" one of them said.

"No! I will stay by my Father's side!" She protested.

"Please understand Princess" Scarlet was escorted outside the room by the servants. She couldn't do anything but cry.

***

"By the power of the 3rd King Charles Tepes,  I hereby crown thee, Scarlet Evangeline Tepes, Queen of all Vampires." The head vampire priest announced as he place the crown on Scarlet's head.

"All hail Vampire Queen Scarlet!" Everyone cheered on the new Ruler.

***

"My Lord, the vampires now have a new monarch reigning after the Charles' death. It's her only daughter, Scarlet." Alciel announced.

"If she's a new ruler means she's still weak. Let her rule the Vampires for a couple of years then we can attack and conquer them." Satan nonchalantly ordered.

"But, My Lord, won't it be more easier for us to attack while she's still immature?" Alciel asked in confusion.

"I wanted to test something"

"Test what, My Lord?"

"If she's fitting to be My Queen" Alciel's eyes widen in surprise.

"My Lord! The Vampires have been our enemies for centuries. Why would you suddenly wed one of them?! A royal at that!" Alciel exclaimed.

Satan didn't answer him. He just stood up from his throne and went towards the huge window, looking through his kingdom.

"My Lord?"

"You will find soon enough, Alciel. For now let her rule and mature" he said. Alciel sigh but didn't say anything and let him.