Chapter 10:

(Hime's Pov)

After yesterday's uneventful day, I've been bed-ridden. The thick gauze that wrap around my head is so itchy and uncomfortable.

And as if that's not enough torture, I unfortunately caught a cold.

I'm currently lying on the thick futon Maou just bought on our way home. The customers looked at us strangely with that ripped clothes of his and me being bloody.

Ashiya's making some leek porridge after he went crazy when we refused to punish him, he calmed down just a while ago. And as for Maou, he's sitting across me, waiting for the thermometer to alarm.

"It's all my fault" He quietly said, grabbing the thermometer when it beeped.

"40. 2 degrees" he mumbled, clenching the thermometer angrily.

I sigh and held out my hand, which he gladly took and caressed it.

"What did I told you? None of it is your fault." I croakily whispered. I cough slightly, my throat is very dry and it felt terrible.

"What kind of husband am I for not being able to protect you"

Maou put his hand on my nape and gently pulled me to sit, he grabbed extra pillows, make them into a pile and placed it against my back to lean on.

He fetched me a warm cup of water and offered it. With a weak grasp I carefully drank all of it.

"You did block that huge rock"

"Yeah when I transformed. But I was not quick enough. Even when you absorb some negativity your wounds didn't heal!" He exclaimed.

Now that he've mention it....before the quake occurred, a small purple orb hit me on the forehead. I think he didn't noticed it. And that's no ordinary magic...it's Lucifer's. What's more strange is that his feather is there, which I secretly held into.

"My Lady, please accept this incompetent servant's porridge" Ashiya placed the steaming bowl on the table, kneeling down he bowed his head on the floor.

"I told you too that it's not your fault Ashiya" I sigh. Maou blowed the porridge to cool down and place the spoon near my mouth.

"Here, I'll help you eat" he said.

"I can eat just fine you know" I mumbled as I ate.

"I know"

After the I finished eating, Maou wiped my sweaty body with a clean towel and helped me get change. Ashiya left for the pharmacy to buy me more medicines, which he gladly accept. He said that we should ask him to do more things as his punishment.

Ashiya's loyalty for his lord and lady is truly astonishing yet creepy at the same time. He even locked himself and scratch the wall.

*knock knock*

"He's surprisingly fast" Maou said.

"I doubt that's him. He don't knock he has a key" I replied.

"Oh yeah. Wonder who could that be at this time" he stand up and look at the peephole. He groaned and looked at me with a funny expression.

"It's Emi" he dully said, opening the door slightly.

"What do you want? It's early"