Chapter 17:

(Hime's Pov)

"Muahaha!" I sigh for the umpteenth time at Maou's maniacal laugh towards the grilled beef intestines.

"How does it feel to be powerless against the fire which consumed you?" He grinned, his eyes glinting of hunger. Really Maou is such a drama king.

I would pretty much admit that he look quite funny and stupid at his demeanor unlike when he's the Devil.

"Maou-sama!" Ashiya snapped Maou out of his trance. Maou's menacing expression turned into an annoyed one and frowned at Ashiya.

"What is it?" He asked, raising a brow.

"Please be a bit more quiet when you feast. You're disturbing the other guests" He sigh, mentioning the weirded out couple in front of our table.

"Oh...sorry. I'm just really excited" He sheepishly apologized at them.

He picked his chopstick and grabbed a grilled gut.

"These intestines are really good! Now I understand why those demon back at Ente Isla loves to gobble these" He laugh as if it was nothing as he chomp down his food.

"*sigh* I'm sorry for his behavior. Just ignore him if you can" I said at the wide eyed girl beside me.

"Hahaha..no worried Hime-chan. I'm really curious on what your lives are at your world. With the way Maou-san describes it, it sounds really scary yet at the same time amazing" She said without any trays of fear or disgust.

This girl is really amazing. She did not fail to baffle me at an unexpected moment.

"I'm quite fascinated by your bravery Amie-san. Normal humans would, without a doubt, run for their lives or scream in fear when they saw Demons." Ashiya praised, with a hint of surprise in his tone.

Maou nod in agreement. "I'm glad Hime-chan have a friend like you Amie-chan. I hope you'll stay by her side forever"

With a determined look, Amie saluted at him like a lieutenant to his General. "You can count on me, Maou-san"

"Now now, let's celebrate. This feast is for my promotion, Amie-chan's recovery and Hime-chan winning the championship tournament!" Maou cheered grabbing the glass of juice. We did the same and clank our glasses together.

"Kanpai!" We happily cheered and celebrated until we're full.

***

"What? You say that Olba's missing?" An old man with a raspy voice spoke.

"Indeed. It seems that Emilia is also alive at the other world" A short mysterious girl in a dark purple cloak answered the high priest.

"What?" The baffled old man asked.

"That's not all" The girl continued.

"The Devil Satan, and His Queen, are all alive at the other world"

"The Devil and the Queen too? But Olba said she disappeared along with the Better Half after the fierce battle at the Devil's Castle" The priest clench his fist in anger.

"He was lying through his teeth. As for Emerada and Albert's disappearance, it seems Father Olba is behind it as well"