Chapter 16:

"Hime-chan! I told you a thousand times that I'm perfectly fine. You're over exaggerating things again mou!" Amie pouted childishly folding her hands, avoiding Hime's gaze.

Hime only shook her head, sighing in relief as she saw that her friend is perfectly fine. "The doctor said you received a few deep wounds and joint sprains so you have to stay for a few days" She stood up from her seat and took the tray with a glass of water and medicine. Amie cringe in disgust, seeing one of her worst enemy, bitter liquid medicine.

"There's no way you'll make me swallow that piece of sh-!" Hime cut her words when she shove a spoon full of medicine in her mouth without hesitation.

Tears streamed down her face at the bitter liquid, forcing it down her throat, trying not to barf. Hime gave her the water as Amie quickly snatch it and gulped it all down.

"Pah! You're so mean Hime-chan! Huhuhu~" Amie cried, chibi mode.

She rolled her eyes and laugh quietly. She took the piece of apple on the tray and peeled it in bunny shape. Amie's eyes sparkled in delight when Hime gave her a piece.

"Waah~ so sweet~ The sweetness conquers bitter!" Munching the apples, pleased

Finishing them all quickly is not surprising because Hime knew her well and her food craze. She put the tray back to the table and busy herself arranging the flowers Maou and Ashiya bought for Amie on the way.

After a few minutes of silence, Amie's face turn solemn and her head lowers with her bangs covering her eyes. "Neh Hime-chan..." Hime stopped her movements but she did not turn around to face her, already expecting on what she'll say.

"All those things...are real, right?" She slowly asked.

"You're not human" She added. Hime stood still, not even flinching at her question.

She's afraid of what she'll think of her. She's afraid that she'll leave her and avoid her. She don't want her only friend, her best friend, her sister, to be afraid of her.

"Amie...-"

"I-I want you to know that I'm..I'm not scared of you! You're my best friend, I would never ever leave you Hime-chan!" Tears pooled out from her eyes and so is determination.

Hime couldn't find her voice. She doesn't even realized that warm salty liquid also streamed down. Hime sniffled, biting her lip as she sobbed.

"A-Amie...Arigato.." Amie wiped her tears and pulled Hime's hand, giving her a warm embrace.

" Amie wiped her tears and pulled Hime's hand, giving her a warm embrace

***

Maou and Ashiya both waited outside Amie's room, giving them their privacy. When they heard the open, they didn't expect them to see Hime with a red nose and dry tears.

"H-Hime, w-what happened?" Maou asked frantically running towards to aid his wife.

"Ojou-sama, are you alright? What happened to Amie-san?" Wariness filled both of the man's heart when they saw the sight of Hime.

Maou gently grabbed her face, wiping her tear-stained cheeks. Hime sniffled hugging Maou's neck. Maou don't know what to do so he hugged her back.

"It feels good you know.." Her face was covered on Maou's chest but still heard her because of their sensitive hearing.

"Being accepted for who you are"

"What do you mean?" Maou asked. Hime lift her head and smiled gently at him.

"I never expect even in million years, a human girl, accepting a monster as her friend, as her sister. Such precious being...actually exist" Maou's expression changed to relief, realizing what she meant. He caress her soft raven locks in contentment, snuggling her closer.

"My Queen, your heart has soften even more but I'm not complaining." He said gently.

"How about we go home first so that you could calm down? And by the way, tomorrow is the tournament isn't it? Wouldn't want your team to see their Captain with a tear-stained eyes right?" Hime nodded, finally letting go off Maou and instead hold his hand.

"Hm" She nodded, finally giving them an assured smile.

***

Published on: September 10, 2017