Chapter 9:

Absolute chaos is what describes the annihilated mall. Huge chunk of rocks, squished furnitures, and broken glasses everywhere.

Hime groaned in pain, feeling a warm and metallic like liquid traces her pale complexion.

She slowly opened her eyes and saw a huge being, her husband, on top of her....in his real form?

"M-Maou?" Maou sigh in relief and carefully pushed the huge rock away and gently picked Hime up to her feet.

"The mall fell after that intense earthquake. The negative emotions of everyone here made me transform back" He explained, looking around the forsaken place.

Hime's eyes widen. "W-where's Amie?!"

"Don't worry about her or Chiho. I put a sleeping spell on them" Emi said, her hands were folded, looking worried about everything that happened in a short period of time.

"I didn't ask about melon's safety but, oh well" Hime shrugged. Emi sweatdropped at Hime's attitude, mentally face-palming.

"Can't argue with her for being upset about Chiho. She's really quite rude earlier. Seeing Maou and her having a date would break Hime's heart, his wife for goodness sake!"

Hime knelt down besides her, caressing Amie's face softly.

"I'm sorry for being in this mess with us" She muttered, holding Amie's hand to her cheek, agitated by the fact that she almost lose her.

"I've never seen her so sad about a human before. She must be really important" Emi thought.

"So? What's your plan now, Maou?" She asked with her arms folded, glaring daggers at the Devil.

Maou raised his hands in surrender. "Don't look at me like that, geez. I even do the honor of putting everyone inside a magic barrier"

"That's very generous of you Maou" clapping softly, Hime praised him which made his ego boost up.

"Of course! What else would you expect from me?" He smugly said with his hands resting upon his waist.

Emi's patience is already the size of her pinky as she wanted to jump from a cliff.

"Are these guys seriously for real?!"

***

Hime, Maou and Emi got out of the ruined underground mall with the help of Maou and Hime's magic, which caused them to change back into their human form, with two unconscious girls.

The medics rushed to them as they treated their injuries. Maou's favorite shirt and newly bought vest got ripped from his transformation but bottom line he's fine. Emi sprained her ankle, but nothing too serious, with a small bruise on her forehead.

Hime, on the contrary, blood wouldn't stop oozing from her forehead, it looks pretty deep so, the medic wrapped a thick gauze around it.

Maou looked very worried and angry about himself for letting her get hurt. Hime stare at him, bewildered by his silence. She gently grasped his clenched fist, cupping both of her hands and smiled warmly at him.

"I'm alright. You don't have to worry about me" Still, Maou's head is down, his bangs covering his shadowed eyes. His grip on Hime's hand tightened slightly and placed them on his lips

"I'm sorry....for being so vulnerable, Scarlet" Hime's heart beat loudly at Maou's sweet gesture.

She gently pulled him into a hug. "You're not weak. It seems you've forgotten who you are, My Love" Maou finally gave in and hugged her back.

Back to his cheerful self, he pulled away and kissed Hime on the forehead, even though the gauze is in the way.

Emi, who's glaring at them from further away couldn't help but feel angry.

"Why? Why would the Devil save humans? Why does he shows love and compassion?!"

"My Lord and Lady! Please forgive this incompetent servant of yours for not being there to protect you!" The approaching Ashiya cried. When he saw a glimpse of Hime's head, he hit his head down on the cement.

"Because of my foolishness, I couldn't protect you My Lady!" Maou and Hime sweat dropped. Maou waved his hand, making him stand up.

"Get up Ashiya, people are looking at you like crazy!" He yelled-whispered, embarrassed at the people staring.

Hime was just watching the whole scene in silent, deep in thoughts as she tilted her head at the dark sky.

"What is Lucifer's feather doing here?" She thought, secretly hiding the raven black feather inside her bag.

***