DONT THINK: part 2

"D- do you wanna go home or?" Josh asked. I sighed.

"I don't know, I don't want to be here, but I don't, I don't know," I was starting cry again.

"No no no no, hold on. Let's go back to the car," he placed a hand on the back of my upper arm and ushered me out of the emergency unit to his poorly parked car. We got in, and he turned on the heater.

I cried.

"Kyndall, it's gonna be alright, you can't think about it."

"I'm really bad at not thinking," I said.

"Here," he pulled a cord up from the center console and plugged it into his phone, "music makes everything better."

"I don't know what to play, I can't think about it."

"I'll find something." He started going through his phone.

The sound of a clinking beat started in the speakers, like a metal spoon on a wine glass. The singer started talking about thinking and kitchen sinks. The lyrics were nonsense.

"What the hell is this about?" I asked. He smiled.

"It's whatever you want it to be."

That sounded nice.

I listened to the song carefully. The boys voice was far from traditional, I liked it. The lyrics were perfect for a voice like his. The voice was familiar, but of course I couldn't place it.

"I like it."

"That's good, I hoped you would."

||JOSH POV||

She wiped her eyes one last time, listening to the sound of the clinking beat. I remembered working in the studio with various kitchen utensils trying to make the perfect sounds. I still really liked this song.

She looked like she was absorbing what she was hearing, like a sponge. It was interesting to watch, she had a nice thinking face.

"I like it."

I smiled, that made me feel good. There were plenty of people who liked that song, for some reason her approval mattered a little more.

"That's good, I hoped you would."

Just then, my phone started ringing. Tyler's name popped up on the screen.

"Just a second." I said, picking up the phone.

"What's up?"

"Josh! You're out of the band!" He yelled in my ear. I laughed at he age old joke.

"Seriously what do you need dude?"

"I'm at your apartment, and you're not here. What the fuck?" He said.

"Dude I told you was at the slopes today."

"There's no service at the mountain, how are you calling me?"

"I at the hospital-"

"You're what?!" He cut me off.

"No no, chill I'm fine, this girl I met has a hurt friend, I was just making sure she was okay."

"Bring her over! I wanna jam. She can hang out with Jenna!" He said excitedly.

"I'll ask and let you know."

"K dude." He hung up.

"Could you hear that?" I asked Kyndall.

"Bits and pieces. I go if you want me to," she said with a shrug.

"You don't have to if you don't want to."