SUFFOCATION: part 11

||KYNDALL POV||

Something is squeezing me.

I felt a little suffocated, which was weird to feel as you are waking up. I opened my eyes and saw the sheets in front of my face. My waist felt so tight. I reached down to feel it, and felt arms squeezing me. It... Hurt.

"Josh..." I whispered.

He jerked, but he wasn't awake. His lips were moving like he was trying to talk in his sleep. His grip got tighter.

"Josh, wake up. You're hurting me," I started pulling on his arms, but from the angle I couldn't get a grip.

He started mumbling, but I couldn't make out the words. His eyebrows furrowed, he was having a bad dream.

"Josh!" I started moving as much as I could. He jerked in his sleep again, then let out a frustrated half-yell.

"Josh wake up!!" I slapped his arm.

His grip loosened, he opened his eyes abruptly, saw me, then in one movement moved himself to the other end of the bed.

"Josh, are you okay?" I asked. He was looking around the room frantically, breathing heavy. He balled up the sheets in his hand.

"Hey, you're okay it was just a dream." He looked to my eyes as I crawled over to him. He swung his legs around so they hung off the bed and put his face in his hands.

"I'm sorry. Did I thrash and hit you?" He asked. He sounded nervous and antsy.

"Well, I woke up in a death grip but I'm okay." I smiled and starts playing with the pink baby hairs on his neck. He moved away.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry." He was freaking out about it.

"Josh, it's okay you didn't hurt me."

"Are you sure? You should probably make sure."

I lifted up my shirt to my ribs. My skin had little indentions in it from the fabric being squeezed around my waist.

"I'm so sorry Kyndall." He reached up and felt the marks, making me shiver.

"It's okay, really. You couldn't help it."

"I know, if I would've known I was going to have another dream I wouldn't have napped with you." He sighed.

"You haven't been having then lately?"

"I never get them when I'm with you."

||TIME JUMP: NEXT DAY||

My mom and dad hadn't bothered me since I gave my dad a piece of my mind, which meant I couldn't go home and shower. That meant I smelled like men's shampoo, and that I had seen how nice Josh's glass door shower was. I wanted to take his shower home with me.

It was the day.

Josh tried really hard to dress nice, and even tamed his crazy hair under a black hat. Selena brought me a dress so I wouldn't have to go home, a simple black one appropriate for the occasion. I tried my best to pin up my hair with no heated tools. Josh walked in the bathroom behind me as I was finishing up my makeup. He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned a head on my shoulder, a hug. I held on to his arms and sighed.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'll make it. Just let me get this over with."

He nodded, gave me a short squeeze, then left the bathroom.

"I'll be ready soon," I said as he left. He stuck his arm in the door and gave me a thumbs up.

The car ride was quiet.