ATTACKED: part 24

((AN: hi guys! So my updates have been a lot more infrequent lately. I'm hella busy at the moment with school and extra activities, but I'm trying really hard to write for y'all. I have another story in the works on private right now that's also a Josh fanfic, but I don't know what to call it yet so maybe I'll post that one soon, it depends on what's happening with this one. Anyways, here the next chapter. Love you guys!))

As we drove on the skinny mountain road, I picked at the stitches in my thumb that were finally dissolving and working themselves out. Thy left behind a small, funny-looking scar that felt weird when I touched it. Josh played quiet music as we climbed in altitude and watched the rows of pale aspens trees pass by.

"Hey we're almost there, don't get too bored." He said as we rounded a curve on the road. I smiled and put down my stitched up thumb.

Unknown number: are you almost up here yet? I'm waiting for you.

"Josh." I blurted, looking at the message.

"What's up?"

"It's that number again." I showed him my phone, feeling myself chewing on my lip.

"God dammit. Don't let them ruin your fun today babe." He said, tilting my phone down so i couldnt see the screen. I gave him a week smile.

"I'll try."

Finally, a saw something that gave me a hint as to where we were. We Turned into an extensive parking lot for the Ski SantFe slopes. I got excited when I saw the sign.

"They must have a long season up here!" I said, since snow sports were already over in Columbus. We found a parking spot relatively close to the shuttle, rode the shuttle to the lodge, then began the process of renting equipment and getting lift passes. He wouldn't let me pay for a thing. As we sat on the bench lacing up our boots and getting into our rental gear, I pulled out my phone.

"Hey josh guess what," I started a recording on snap chat.

"Hm?" He turned, then saw the phone.

"You're the best boyfriend ever," I said, putting the camera in his face as he gave me a smile.

"Wow thanks," he said, squinting at the camera as the video ended. We got up and left the rental sight, heading for the lifts.

We had no idea where to go, so we sat at the slopes map for a good five minutes trying to figure out where to go. We decided on chair 7, a leisurely run. We got in line for the lift and strapped our feet into our boards. The line moved quickly, and before I knew it we were soaring over the snow and looking out over the mountains.

"Remember?" Josh wrapped his hand around mine on the cold metal bar. I smiled, thinking back to our ski trip when we weren't together yet. The feeling I got when I started thinking about us when we were just friends made my heart flutter. My past self would've never thought I would be where I was then. I could tell Josh was thinking too. I could see his eyes from the side of his dark sunglasses. They had a smile to them as he looked out over the hills and watched the skyline. He made me smile.

"I love you Josh," I said, gripping his hand a little tighter. He looked over at me and smiled.

"I love you too Kyndall."

We slid off of the lift, then sat down in the snow to strap in our free foot. Just as I started to put on my gloves, my phone buzzed.

Unknown number: slope 7, nice choice

"They messaged me again Josh." I said, pulling my lips in with anxiety.

"Put the phone away. We're gonna have fun." He said. I nodded, continuing to slip on my gloves.