RED: part 13

||KYNDALL POV||

I woke up extremely late the next morning. Josh was awake, I could see him in the bathroom brushing his teeth. He didn't have a shirt on. I decided not to move, just to watch him. He tapped his tooth brush on the side of the sink and placed it in the holder. He was humming a repetitive tune while looking through his closet for a shirt. He picked one that was pale yellow and had a faded print on the front. As he started to look my way, I closed my eyes. He was staring at me. When he started humming again, I opened my eyes to see him on his phone, pulling it off the charger. He was texting. I decided to actually wake up and sat up in bed with a yawn. I could feel the hair on the right side of my head sticking up in weird directions, the ultimate bed head.

"I thought you'd never wake up," he joked, setting his phone down. I checked mine, and saw that it was over run with Instagram notifications. That could only mean that Josh had posted about me.

I opened my phone, and found the picture almost instantly. It was an off guard of me laughing at the table. I looked gorgeous in it with my face and hair all done up. I smiled at the caption.

I'm surprised you didn't see me take this. Thanks for a great night.

"What time is it?"

"Almost 11."

"What? Really?" I never slept in late like that. I sighed and pulled myself out of bed. It was colder outside of the covers. I brushed my hair and teeth in the bathroom and put in my contacts. Josh walked in behind me and smiled in the mirror, shaking his hair around behind me. I turned around to face him.

"Your neck is already healing," he examined the now pink bruises. I leaned back against the bathroom counter and smiled up at him.

"I feel a lot better today."

"That's good, it can only go up from here," he smiled.

I was staring at his hair, the vibrant red. I loved it so much on him.

"If you keep dying it yore going to destroy your hair," I reached up and twirled a strand of his curly hair.

"So I've heard," he said with a little laugh. He placed a hand on the counter so that he was practical leaning over me. My hand drifted from his hair to his shoulder.

"Am I a good kisser?" He asked. I nodded, blushing a smiling.

Pleeeeeease kiss me.

"Am I?"

He gave me a smile, then leaned in. I obviously kissed back. It felt just like the first time. I tried as hard as I could to enjoy every bit of it, even his slight stubble ticking my skin. I held the back of his neck and felt the soft red baby hairs there. This time, I pulled back first.

"Hey Josh? I have a stupid idea."

"What's that Kyn?" He asked, smiling down at me.

"I think I wanna dye my hair like yours."

He looked a little shocked at first, especially because of how neutral everything about me was. My hair had always been long and dirty blonde, I hadn't changed it in years. I always kept my clothes muted and toned down and never wore colorful makeup. Maybe I even surprised myself.

"I think that would be amazing," he was smiling like goof, shocked by me. I just smiled.

||JOSH POV||

"Okay Josh what do you so desperately need to tell me," Tyler said it sort of sarcastically, leaning on his piano in the studio. I could feel myself already smiling.