HBD: part 16

((AN: wow, 16 chapters of daily updates (except for that one time, sorry!). I know I don't have an exceptional number of reads, but I love writing this story and I'm going to keep going. Thank you to all of my consistent readers, and if you're just joining, hi! Welcome! Anyways, thanks! Long live the clique))

||KYNDALL POV||

In the midst of our celebration, the door bell rang. Josh went to answer it.

"Hi, I have a couple packages for Kyndall Thomas?"

How did whoever was shipping me things get this address? This wasn't even my house. I walked to the door.

"That's me."

I signed for the packages then took them and set them on the counter to look at the sender.

One was from Selena, and had the words DO NOT OPEN UNTIL 19 scrawled all over the package on the outside. I laughed a little.

The second package, however, had no return address. It was rather small, and felt pretty dense. I opened it up with the box cutter. A small note on white paper read "happy birthday" in scribbled handwriting. Beneath it was a grey-pink toned sweater. I pulled it up out of the box and held it up. It was... Cute.

"Who is that from?" Josh asked.

"I don't know, there's nothing that says. This is really cute though." I turned it around, than pulled the big sweater over my head. It was soft. I suddenly felt sort of a sticking sensation on my skin, like something was lining the inside of the sweater, so I lifted up the fabric on the neck line and smelled it.

"Oh my god..."

In a flash I started stripping off my clothes as i ran for the shower, not caring about Josh behind me.

"Kyndall? What the hell?" He yelled, running after me. I jumped in the cold water and started scrubbing, already feeling my skin tingling.

"Kyndall what happened?" Josh asked from the door frame, not seeing me.

"There's fucking pineapple something in that sweater! I'm allergic!" I yelled in frustration, scrubbing the hell out of my skin.

"Are you like, deathly allergic?" He asked.

"No but nobody looks good in a full upper body rash," I said. Once I felt like I had pineapple off of me I got out and dried off my skin. Only half of my hair had gotten wet, I looked like a wet dog with runny mascara.

"That was fucking low, whoever it was," I stepped out and searched through my drawer for clothes in my towel.

"That's like... Really bad. How did they know you were allergic is my question." Josh said.

"I know, that's super weird. Turn around." I watched Josh turn his back, then I started changing.

"Do you know anyone who has a problem with you?" He asked.

"Well, you've seen the tweets as of late."

"That wouldn't make sense though, because this is my address too. They'd have to know you." Josh said.

"That's true, but I don't really have any close enough friends for that besides my sister, and she'd never." I struggled trying to get my sports bra over my wet body. It was the strappy kind too, and I was thoroughly stuck.

"Josh, this is weird, but I need help." I had one arm in the air and the other bent behind my head, tangled in the bra. I heard Josh start to laugh.

"Please just pull the band down. I'm stuck." I was laughing too. I felt him hook his thumbs underneath the band and wiggle it free from my wet skin until I could get the rest by myself. I turned around and smiled at him as he laughed.