UNKNOWN: part 21

((AN: wow an update!!! Sorry it's been three days. School just started and I'm already stressed (yay:() please enjoy!))
||KYNDALL POV||

"Hey babe, are you okay? You seem a little antsy." Josh said, looking at my bouncing knee.

I couldn't stop thinking about the texts. I felt like I was constantly being watched. Whoever was texting me knew my every move. If I ever ended up alone, there was no telling what could happen to me.

"I do? I'm fine." I lied. If I told Josh, he would loose it. They were already stressed enough, trying to tour and write a song at the same time. The last thing they needed was more problems.

"Come sit with meeeee." He whined from the other side of the bus, holding his hand out to me. I rolled my eyes and smiled, hopping up from the other side. He sat with his feet up on the couch, so I sat parallel with him.

"Shhhhh... Do you hear that?" Tyler shushed. I listened closely, hearing Tyler singing in the shower.

"Is that...?"

Josh nodded and smiled. He was singing no one other then Taylor swift, you belong with me. The funniest part was he knew every single word and didn't miss a beat. Josh and I laughed quietly as he belted out every lyric.

--

That night we stopped at a hotel in Anaheim, right next to Disney land. We were close enough to see the fireworks from our room. That night, Josh and I sat out on the balcony, dead tired from the jet lag and trying to keep our eyes open until 9:00. I leaned my head on Josh's shoulder, feeling my heavy eyelids fight me for sleep.

"Only a few minutes, you can do it!" Josh encouraged. A shook my head at him and smiled.

The first pop sounded off, a sharp but soft noise in the distance. A single, large firework burst like a blooming flower into the air. I could see Josh smiling out of the corner of my eye. Suddenly, the popping was rapid, sending clusters of fireworks into the air all at once. Josh reached over and held my hand in his. I squeezed back as the glowing flowers bloomed in the distance.

Unknown number: the fireworks sure are pretty. Too bad for you. Leave the balcony. Now.

The message startled me.

Kyndall: who is this?

Unknown number: do what I said.

Kyndall: why should I?

Unknown number: this is why.

The message that popped up actually made me jump in my seat. I felt a sinking feeling in my chest. It was a picture of Kimberly and I our senior year together at a party. I was holding a bottle of liquor and Kimberly was flashing the camera. It took everything in me not to tear up.

I hadn't known about the picture. I recognized the party, it was so long ago I couldn't remember where or when, but I remembered the night. Not only did I fear for my reputation, but Kimberley's as well.

She was gone, but I wanted her to be remembered for being amazing.

I was thinking about Kimberly, I was staring at the photo. I had to do what they said.

"Hey, I'm gonna go inside." I couldn't look him in the eye.

"Oh... How come?" He asked.

"I- I don't feel good. Headache."

"Okay, I'll follow you." He started to get up.

"No, it's fine. Enjoy the fireworks. I'm gonna go find some medicine." I flashed him a half-hearted smile. He sat down and gave me a nod.