LIE WITH ME: part 3

One of my succulents got sick, root rot was eating it from the base up. It had been two days of nothing for me but watching the root rot slowly destroy the little helpless plant and listening to sad music. The plant was leaning to the side now, hanging on for dear life. I could always clip the top off and start a new plant from the stub, but that's not how things work for people. If I was the plant, I couldn't save myself. Someone else would have to come to my rescue before it was too late.

Nobody has the scissors to cut me loose.

Someone knocked at my door. It was probably Selena, my sister.

"Come in," I said half-heartedly.

Selena stepped in. She held a plate with lunch on it, a turkey sandwich.

"Will you at least eat the bread?" She asked. I sighed.

"I know you're sad, but you have go eat something." She set the plate on my desk.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome. If you need anything I'm literally a room away," she said with a smiled. I smiled back.

I kept thinking about Josh. Every time he crossed my mind found myself smiling a little bit, remembering how he interacted with Tyler and comforted me. I started humming the sink song to myself. I spent a long time trying to find somewhere to buy it, but nothing came up for kitchen sink on iTunes or any other music service. I wanted the song.

I could always text Josh and ask.

I was scared to text Josh. What if he didn't want to talk to me?

I didn't have anyone else to talk too, maybe he would be able to help me take my mind off of things. That seemed like too much to ask of him.

I had to just suck it up and call him. After all, he had my snowboard.

||JOSH POV||

I checked my phone a lot the next two days. Why wasn't she texting me? I wanted her to call me again. Maybe I should have asked for her number instead of giving mine out. Every time my phone buzzed I hoped it would be her. Her gear still sat in my trunk, ready to be given back. She had to call me eventually, i had to keep reminding myself of that.

My phone vibrated, an unknown number. I felt hopeful, but that sort of died down after all of the other calls I had gotten were never what I wanted. I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Josh?" I knew her voice.

"Yeah! Kyndall?"

"Yeah, it's me." Her replies were sort of lifeless, weak.

"What's up?" I asked. She sighed.

"C-can you come get me?" She asked, sort of timidly.

"Yeah! Of course!"

"Okay, ill be ready in a few minutes."

"Okay, I'll see you soon." I said. We hung up. Tyler looked up at me from his sheet music with a funny look from across the my room.

"What?"

"It was the Kyndall girl, wasn't it."

"Yeah, it was."

"You like her, don't you?" He said. I sighed.

"We just met... Every time I see her I just, I feel different. I can't explain it," Tyler was the only person I ever talked to about feelings. He was the only person who understood.

"Does she know who you are?"

"If she does she hasn't hinted to it, I doubt it."

"I think you should roll with it." Tyler nodded at his own comment.