Jenna

After my small encounter with Ashton, I was bombarded with questions from Naomi in no time.

"He's cute. And he was at the salon! Are you guys, like, ya know..."

I cringed and looked at her from across the car console.

"What? No! I just met him!" I shrieked at her.

She laughed lightly and put her hands up in defense.

"I saw the way you looked at him."

I rolled my eyes.

"Oh yeah? And how exactly did I do that?"

"You wanted a piece of that." She replied with a smirk while I laughed.

"I don't want a piece of that, Mi." I sighed. "I have no feelings for him."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Why not?"

I rolled my eyes again and looked at her.

"Well, first of all, look at me. He is way out of my league. Second of all, he's touring with his world-famous band right now and I'm focused on my job as well. And lastly, I'm done with men."

It was Naomi's turn to roll her eyes as she continued back to the salon.

"Listen, Jenna. You're not ugly. Hell, you're far from it. And you can just do the long distance thing with him, ya know? And about the last part; I don't believe you."

I furrowed my eyebrows at the black-haired girl.

"Why not?"

"Jenna. I saw the way you look at him. It's only a matter of time."

Bullshit.

"I don't like him like that! I barely know him!"

"Mhhhm. Let me know how that goes, sunshine."

I knew that if I kept talking then she would too, so I stopped.

"Did you see his biceps, though?" She blurted while parking the vehicle in the employee lot.

"Oh my god, Naomi! I'm getting the feeling you like him more than me." As soon as it flew out of my mouth I regretted.

"HA! So you do like him!" She screeched as I opened the door.

I rolled my eyes and didn't say anything as she got out of the car. However, I could feel my face heating up.

"Oh my god! You two would be so freaking adorable. Ashton and Jenna! Ah! I can see it now." She rambled as I opened the salon door for the both of us.

"Never gonna happen,"

"I'm going to laugh so hard when it does."

"Shut up and go color some hair." I told her while putting the boxes on the counter.

"This is my break. I'm taking advantage of it while I can."

I laughed and opened the box of food that we had just gotten. I took a fork out of the drawer we had full of silverware took a small portion of Alfredo.

We sat in silence before Naomi looked at me.

"Do you at least have his number?"

I sighed, knowing that I couldn't lie to her about something like that. She'd figure it out sometime.

"Yeah."

She grinned before we both left the conversation at that.

Why did she keep asking me these questions? Is everyone waiting for me to find someone?